TAUNTING TRUMP: New York terror suspect ridiculed POTUS in online social media posts prior to attack

NEW YORK, N.Y. — The suspect accused of detonating a bomb outside New York City’s Port Authority Bus Terminal on Monday posted warnings to his Facebook page prior to the attack.

According to a report published by NBC News (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/akayed-ullah-nyc-explosion-suspect-identified-27-year-old-brooklyn-n828361), the 27-year-old immigrant from Bangladesh taunted President Trump via social media, saying that the carnage to come was due to Trump’s failure to protect America.

“Trump you failed to protect your nation,” Akayed Ullah wrote on Facebook prior to detonating a pipe bomb in an underground pedestrian tunnel during rush hour on Monday morning.

Ullah, whose actions, officials say, were inspired by ISIS, triggered the device prematurely and injured himself in the process. As a result, only a handful of victims were harmed by the explosion, which officials say would have been deadly had it detonated at the correct time.

President Trump has said Monday’s attack, which followed a previous attack in Manhattan in October which killed eight people, “highlights the urgent need… to enact legislative reforms to protect the American people”.

“America must fix its lax immigration system, which allows far too many dangerous, inadequately vetted people to access our country,” Trump said of the event after being briefed by the FBI.

Ullah is currently recovering in a New York City hospital and faces multiple charges stemming from the attempted terror attack including criminal possession of a weapon, supporting an act of terrorism and making a “terroristic threat”.

Ullah also faces multiple federal charges including providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization, using a weapon of mass destruction and bombing a public place.

 

terror

TERRORISM CONFIRMED: Port Authority bombing suspect ‘acted in the name of ISIS’

NEW YORK, N.Y. — An explosion near New York City’s Port Authority bus terminal Monday morning has been confirmed as an act of terror.

Speaking to the media shortly after the event, NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton said the Port Authority bomb suspect “acted in the name of ISIS”.

“Preliminary information indicates the attack was committed in the name of ISIS,” Bratton said Monday, adding that the suspect, believed to be an immigrant from Bangladesh, has been in the U.S. for approximately seven years.

The suspect, a 27-year-old resident of Brooklyn, was injured during the attack and was shortly thereafter taken into custody. According to police sources, the man, who has not yet been officially identified, was armed with a five-inch metal pipe bomb and battery pack as he walked through the Manhattan transit hub.

Police say the suspect, who they believe was on a suicide mission, managed to only partially detonate the device. Three others were injured in the attack, but officials say those numbers would have been much higher had the suspect been successful in his mission.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted that President Donald Trump has been briefed on the incident and is receiving frequent updates from FBI officials.

The incident marks the second ISIS-inspired attack on New York City in less than two months. On Oct. 30 a man drove a rented truck into a crowd of people on a bike path in Lower Manhattan. Eight people were killed and 11 others were injured in that attack.

Although ISIS has yet to formally claim responsibility for the Monday morning attack, the Islamic terror group released propaganda last week ordering their followers to strike Times Square.

An image released by the group shows a crowded Times Square scene with the words, “We meet at Christmas in New York…soon.”

terrorsuspect

 

 

‘AMERICA DOES NOT BEND’: President commemorates first September 11 as president; Vows, ‘Our nation will endure’

NEW YORK, N.Y. — President Donald Trump on Monday presided over his first 9/11 ceremony in office, marking the 16th anniversary of the most deadly terror attack to occur on U.S. soil.

With wife Melania by his side, the president observed a solemn moment of silence first at the White House, followed by a second at the Pentagon.

The first moment of silence took place on the White House grounds at 8:45 a.m., marking the moment the first plane, American Flight 11, struck the north tower of the World Trade Center. The second, at the Pentagon, occurred at at 9:03 a.m., marking the moment officials say another plane slammed into Pentagon headquarters 16 years ago.

“For the families with us on this anniversary, we know that not a single day goes by when you don’t think about the loved ones stolen from your life,” Trump said to a crowd of hundreds attending the ceremony. “Today, our entire nation grieves with you and with every family of those 2,977 innocent souls who were murdered by terrorists 16 years ago.”

“On that day not only did the world change, but we all changed,” the president said. “Our eyes were opened to the depths of the evil we faced, but in that hour of darkness we also came together with renewed purpose. Our differences never looked so small, our common bonds never felt so strong.”

“We can never erase your pain, but we can honor their sacrifice by pledging our resolve to do whatever we must to keep our people safe,” the president, himself a native New Yorker, vowed.

Joining Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford a short time later, the president laid a wreath in honor of the victims killed.

Secretary Mattis, who also spoke at the ceremony, said that America will never be intimidated by those who seek to do us harm.

“We never asked for this fight but we are steadfastly committed to seeing it through,” Mattis said at the Pentagon. “We Americans are not made of cotton candy. We’re not seaweed drifting in the current. We are not intimidated by our enemies.”

Mattis added: “Mr. President, your military does not scare.”

“The horror and anguish of that dark day were seared into our national memory forever. Innocent men, women, and children whose lives were taken so needlessly,” Trump said. “Our values will endure, our people will thrive, our nation will prevail, and the memory of our loved ones will never, ever die.”

Last week, the president proclaimed Sept. 11 as “Patriot Day.”

“We rededicate ourselves to the ideals that define our country and unite us as one,” said Trump in a statement, “as we commemorate all the heroes who lost their lives saving others.”

trump911

TRUMP GETS DISSED: FEUD EXPLODES AS LONDON MAYOR TELLS POTUS HE’S NOT WELCOME TO VISIT TERROR STRICKEN CITY

LONDON, ENGLAND — The already bitter feud between American president Donald Trump and London mayor Sadiq Khan turned from bad to worse on Tuesday after Kahn made it clear to Trump that he’s not welcome in his city.

In an interview with London’s Channel 4 news (https://www.channel4.com/news/sadiq-khan-we-dont-have-resources-we-need), Khan said Britain should not be “rolling out the red carpet to the president of the USA in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for,” when asked about the president’s upcoming visit.

Kahn’s comments come after a tense couple of days between London and the U.S. during which Trump referred to Kahn’s leadership after the most recent wave of terror attacks as a “pathetic excuse”.

“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’” Trump tweeted in response to Kahn’s statement that London residents should not be alarmed at the increased police state within the city.

Kahn’s spokesperson responded by saying the mayor “has more important things to do than respond to Donald Trump’s ill-informed tweet that deliberately takes out of context his remarks urging Londoners not to be alarmed when they saw more police — including armed officers — on the streets.”

It remains unclear as to whether Kahn, who previously suggested the city should block Trump’s visit back in February, will allow the president to visit as planned.

White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders denied during a press conference on Monday that Trump was picking a fight with the mayor and said the idea that the president was targeting Khan because he was Muslim was “utterly ridiculous”.

Asked if the president took Kahn’s “nothing to worry about” statement out of context Huckabee Sanders replied, “I don’t think that’s actually true. I think the media wants to spin it that way. The point is there is a reason to be alarmed. We have constant attacks going on not just there but across the globe.”

trumpkahn

 

TRUMP TALKS TOUGH: PRESIDENT SLAMS LONDON MAYOR’S ‘PATHETIC EXCUSE’ AFTER LATEST MUSLIM TERROR ATTACK HITS CITY

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a series of controversial remarks, Donald Trump made his frustrations clear on London mayor Sadiq Khan’s handling of the recent wave of terror attacks as the president took to social media on Sunday to voice his disapproval.

“Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his ‘no reason to be alarmed’ statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!” Trump tweeted
Sunday in response to Kahn’s proclamation that London residents had no no cause for alarm. “At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’” Trump added.

It was the second time in Trump’s short presidency that he’s criticized London’s first Muslim mayor. Khan’s “no reason to be alarmed” comments were in regard to an uptick in police presence on London streets as the city grapples to overcome it’s latest terror attack.

“Just like terrorists are constantly evolving and finding new ways to disrupt us, harm us, attack us, the police and experts and all of us are finding new ways to keep us safe,” Khan said on Sunday. “Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed.”

A spokesperson for Khan responded by calling Trump’s remark “ill-informed” and said the president took the mayor’s words out of context.

(The mayor) “has more important things to do than respond to Donald Trump’s ill-informed tweet that deliberately takes out of context his remarks urging Londoners not to be alarmed when they saw more police — including armed officers — on the streets,” Khan’s spokesperson said in a statement.

President Trump followed up his heated remarks toward Kahn with a Twitter rant on Monday in which the president blasted the 4th and 9th Circuit Court’s rulings to shut down his proposed travel ban.

“The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.,” Trump tweeted. “The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court – & seek much tougher version!”

“In any event we are EXTREME VETTING people coming into the U.S. in order to help keep our country safe. The courts are slow and political!” the president added.

In a measure to move his executive order on the travel ban forward, lawyers for the Trump administration on Thursday appealed to the Supreme Court to review and reinstate the ban, hoping the court will overturn lower court rulings that have stalled the order from being implemented. If overturned, the ban will restrict travel from 6 predominantly Muslim countries that are historically considered hot beds for terror.

kahn

NORTH KOREA NUCLEAR THREAT ‘PRIORITY ONE’ AS SENATE IS BRIEFED ON ESCALATING TENSIONS

WASHINGTON, D.C. — One hundred Senators were called to the White House on Wednesday during a nearly unprecedented event to be briefed on rising tensions between the United States and North Korea.

According to a report published by Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-nuclear-usa-senate-idUSKBN17Q1LR), the briefing, which began at 3:00 pm EST, was originally scheduled to take place in the Capitol building but was moved to the White House at the request of President Trump.

The Senators are reportedly being briefed by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who will chair the meeting, and Secretary of Defense James Mattis on the latest developments in North Korea’s nuclear weapons program and the threats that it’s leader, Kim Jung-un, has made against the United States. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford, and Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats will also participate in the briefing.

The meeting comes on the same day that local governments throughout the Washington, D.C. area are participating in “full-scale” terror attack drills in response to the developing conflict. The drills are being carried out in multiple locations throughout the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia and Maryland suburbs at the direction of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

Sen. Lindsey Graham, (R)-South Carolina, discussed the North Korea briefing during a dinner Monday evening at the White House with President Trump, and told reporters on Tuesday that his fellow colleagues will be advised on Trump’s plan to respond to North Korea’s recent acts of aggression.

“It’s clear to me that this president will not allow North Korea to develop an [intercontinental ballistic missile] with a nuclear weapon on top to hit America,” said Graham. “And I think the senators are gonna hear that tomorrow night.”

Sen. Ben Cardin, (D)-Md., the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told Reuters that he hopes that North Korea’s recent hostilities can be countered without military action.

“It’s (the location of the meeting) their choice,” he said of Trump’s meeting request. “I hope that we hear their policy as to what their objectives are, and how we can accomplish that hopefully without dropping bombs.”

mattisnorthkorea