CHARLIE GARD’S PARENTS STORM OUT OF COURTROOM AS INFANT’S FUTURE LIES IN JUDGE’S HANDS

LONDON, ENGLAND — The parents of Charlie Gard, the 11-month-old boy in the middle of an international debate over the right to life, stormed out of a London courtroom on Thursday after arguing with a judge over the boy’s fate.

Gard, who suffers from mitochondrial depletion syndrome, an often terminal genetic disorder, has been receiving treatment at a London hospital for the past several months. Physicians at the hospital, revered as one of the best children’s hospitals in the world, have argued that the boy, who can not see, move or breathe without the aid of life support, has exhausted their efforts and should be removed from his ventilator and allowed to die naturally.

Charlie’s parents, Chris Gard and Connie Yates, believe that experimental treatment available in the U.S. and Italy for the condition offers a 10 percent chance of improving the boy’s quality of life and reducing the brain damage he has sustained as a result of his illness (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-405932860).

The boy’s parents filed an emergency petition with the Royal Courts of Justice in London for a hearing to request permission to take their son out of the U.K. for experimental treatment. Counsel for the hospital, who argues that doing so would be “cruel and inhumane” treatment of the boy argued that they, not the boy’s parents, have the ultimate right to determine what course of treatment, or in this case, non treatment, is in the baby’s best interests.

“A world where only parents speak and decide for children and where children have no separate identity or rights and no court to hear and protect them is far from the world in which [Great Ormond Street Hospital ] treats its child patients,” a spokesperson for the hospital argued before the court.

During the hearing, Chris Gard punched a table, while his wife said: “We said he’s not in suffering and in pain. If he was we wouldn’t be up here fighting for that!”

Frustrated, the boy’s parents stormed out of the hearing, only to return a short time later.

A New York-based expert on mitochondrial depletion syndrome gave testimony to the court via satellite – in which he said he believes an experimental drug available in the U.S., pending approval of the FDA – offers a chance of improving the boy’s condition.

The expert told the judge he was willing to come to London to examine the boy, should the court permit it.

Gard’s case gained international spotlight after both Pope Francis and President Donald Trump spoke out on behalf of the boy’s right to seek alternative treatment and offered to help Charlie’s parents in any way they possibly could.

Both New York Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Irving Medical Center have offered to take in the infant should the current “legal hurdles” be cleared and should the medications that Charlie requires “receive emergency approval from the FDA for an experimental treatment as appropriate.”

A petition asking the court to give the boy’s parents permission to move his care to the U.S. has just hit the 500,000 mark (http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/13/charlie-gard-petition-hits-500000-signatures-as-parents-fight-for-his-life-6777406/).

A decision by the London court is expected by the end of the week.

Charlie Gard court case

ASLAN AXED: CNN FIRES ‘BELIEVER’ HOST AFTER SERIES OF ANTI-TRUMP RANTS

ATLANTA, GA — CNN announced on Friday its decision to part ways with Reza Aslan after the network was bombarded with complaints over Aslan’s recent series of anti-Trump Twitter rants.

“CNN has decided to not move forward with production on the acquired series ‘Believer with Reza Aslan’ (season two),” a CNN rep confirmed when reached for statement. “We wish Reza and his production team all the best.”

Aslan’s six-part series “Believer”, which launched in January, had just completed airing of its first season. A second season had already been ordered.

Aslan sparked anger from Conservatives last week after tweeting that Trump is a “piece of sh–” who “is not just an embarrassment to America and a stain on the presidency. He’s an embarrassment to humankind.”

After a push to have Aslan fired began trending on Twitter, the host sheepishly apologized, saying he had lost his cool in response to the president’s decision to promote the need for his embattled travel ban in the wake of the most recent terror attack in London.

“I should have used better language to express my shock and frustration at the president’s lack of decorum and sympathy for the victims of London,” Aslan posted to his social media accounts. “I apologize for my choice of words.”

Aslan is the second personality in as many weeks to be cut from the CNN lineup. The network also recently cut ties with Kathy Griffin after the comedian posed with a bloody mock up Trump’s severed head during a photo shoot. Griffin had been a long time co-host of the the network’s New Years Eve broadcast alongside chief anchor Anderson Cooper.

fired

TRUMP GETS DISSED: FEUD EXPLODES AS LONDON MAYOR TELLS POTUS HE’S NOT WELCOME TO VISIT TERROR STRICKEN CITY

LONDON, ENGLAND — The already bitter feud between American president Donald Trump and London mayor Sadiq Khan turned from bad to worse on Tuesday after Kahn made it clear to Trump that he’s not welcome in his city.

In an interview with London’s Channel 4 news (https://www.channel4.com/news/sadiq-khan-we-dont-have-resources-we-need), Khan said Britain should not be “rolling out the red carpet to the president of the USA in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for,” when asked about the president’s upcoming visit.

Kahn’s comments come after a tense couple of days between London and the U.S. during which Trump referred to Kahn’s leadership after the most recent wave of terror attacks as a “pathetic excuse”.

“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’” Trump tweeted in response to Kahn’s statement that London residents should not be alarmed at the increased police state within the city.

Kahn’s spokesperson responded by saying the mayor “has more important things to do than respond to Donald Trump’s ill-informed tweet that deliberately takes out of context his remarks urging Londoners not to be alarmed when they saw more police — including armed officers — on the streets.”

It remains unclear as to whether Kahn, who previously suggested the city should block Trump’s visit back in February, will allow the president to visit as planned.

White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders denied during a press conference on Monday that Trump was picking a fight with the mayor and said the idea that the president was targeting Khan because he was Muslim was “utterly ridiculous”.

Asked if the president took Kahn’s “nothing to worry about” statement out of context Huckabee Sanders replied, “I don’t think that’s actually true. I think the media wants to spin it that way. The point is there is a reason to be alarmed. We have constant attacks going on not just there but across the globe.”

trumpkahn

 

FAKE NEWS? CNN CAUGHT PROMOTING WHAT CRITICS SAY IS PRO-MUSLIM AGENDA

LONDON, ENGLAND — Embattled cable news network CNN has reportedly been caught staging what critics say is a pro-Muslim rally in the wake of the latest London terror attacks.

In a video that surfaced on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFyN-Y0Is0), CNN reporter Becky Anderson can allegedly be seen directing several self-described “Muslim mothers” to stand behind her as, seeming on cue, the group begins rallying support for London Police.

The video, which quickly went viral, caused a wave of backlash on social media, with even some of the networks most frequent viewers slamming the network over claims of “fake news”.

CNN, which has faced allegations of staging news stories to promote left leaning political agendas in the past, denied the allegations on Monday in a statement to Fox News.

“This story is nonsense,” a rep for CNN told Fox via email (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/05/cnn-denies-staging-pro-muslim-shot-after-london-terror-attack.html). “The group of demonstrators that was at the police cordon was being allowed through by officers so they could show their signs to the gathered media. The CNN crew along with other media present simply filmed them doing so.”

“You an clearly see at the beginning of the video on social media that a group of press photographers is asking the demonstrators to stand in front of them so that they can see them — there’s nothing sinister going on there,” the spokesperson added.

Despite CNN’s denial, the network is no stranger to similar controversies.

One of the most famous examples of CNN trickery involves an interview in which network anchor Anderson Cooper claimed to be reporting live from the funeral of a child he said had died during the alleged Sandy Hook school shooting (http://www.naturalnews.com/039127_Anderson_Cooper_blue_screen_fake_news.html).

During the piece, Cooper, supposedly interviewing loved ones at the scene, turns to the side and his nose seemingly disappears. This, say photographic experts who were quick to catch the slip up, occurs when a reporter is placed in front of a “green screen”, a technological prop that allows producers to project an image behind the reporter, making it seem as though he or she may be somewhere they are not. Green screens are typically used only in sound stages. Never when a reporter is actually on scene.

The Sandy Hook shooting was later used to justify a wealth of anti-Second amendment executive orders by then president Barack Obama, with whom the network had worked closely throughout his presidency.

cnnfakenews

TRUMP TALKS TOUGH: PRESIDENT SLAMS LONDON MAYOR’S ‘PATHETIC EXCUSE’ AFTER LATEST MUSLIM TERROR ATTACK HITS CITY

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a series of controversial remarks, Donald Trump made his frustrations clear on London mayor Sadiq Khan’s handling of the recent wave of terror attacks as the president took to social media on Sunday to voice his disapproval.

“Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his ‘no reason to be alarmed’ statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!” Trump tweeted
Sunday in response to Kahn’s proclamation that London residents had no no cause for alarm. “At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’” Trump added.

It was the second time in Trump’s short presidency that he’s criticized London’s first Muslim mayor. Khan’s “no reason to be alarmed” comments were in regard to an uptick in police presence on London streets as the city grapples to overcome it’s latest terror attack.

“Just like terrorists are constantly evolving and finding new ways to disrupt us, harm us, attack us, the police and experts and all of us are finding new ways to keep us safe,” Khan said on Sunday. “Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed.”

A spokesperson for Khan responded by calling Trump’s remark “ill-informed” and said the president took the mayor’s words out of context.

(The mayor) “has more important things to do than respond to Donald Trump’s ill-informed tweet that deliberately takes out of context his remarks urging Londoners not to be alarmed when they saw more police — including armed officers — on the streets,” Khan’s spokesperson said in a statement.

President Trump followed up his heated remarks toward Kahn with a Twitter rant on Monday in which the president blasted the 4th and 9th Circuit Court’s rulings to shut down his proposed travel ban.

“The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.,” Trump tweeted. “The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court – & seek much tougher version!”

“In any event we are EXTREME VETTING people coming into the U.S. in order to help keep our country safe. The courts are slow and political!” the president added.

In a measure to move his executive order on the travel ban forward, lawyers for the Trump administration on Thursday appealed to the Supreme Court to review and reinstate the ban, hoping the court will overturn lower court rulings that have stalled the order from being implemented. If overturned, the ban will restrict travel from 6 predominantly Muslim countries that are historically considered hot beds for terror.

kahn

TERROR IN LONDON: 4 DEAD AFTER KNIFE WIELDING ATTACKER WREAKS HAVOC OUTSIDE PARLIAMENT

LONDON, ENGLAND — Four people, including a London police officer, are confirmed dead after a knife wielding suspect launched an attack outside the U.K.’s parliament on Wednesday. In addition to those killed, at least twenty others are confirmed injured, three of which are police officers.

London police were called to the Parliament building at around 2:40 p.m. local time (10:40 a.m. EST) in response to reports of a vehicle crashing into a crowd at Westminster Bridge.

Police say the driver of the vehicle mowed down pedestrians on London’s Westminster Bridge, leapt from the car and began hacking passersby with a knife.

The attacker was shot by police and later confirmed dead.

Deputy Commisssioner and Head of Counter Terrorism Mark Rowley told reporters that all the information they’ve received leads them to believe that only one attacker was involved.

“Sadly, I can confirm that now four people have died. That includes the police officer who was protecting Parliament, and one man that we believe to be the attacker who was shot by police fire at the scene,” said Rowley. “We are satisfied at this stage that it looks like there was only one attacker. But it would be foolish to be overconfident early on.”

“This is the day we have planned for but we hoped would never happen,” Rowley continued. “Sadly, it’s now a reality.”

According to a spokesperson for the National Security Council, president Trump was briefed on the attack shortly after it occurred and immediately called British Prime Minister Theresa May where he offered his condolences.

In addition to offering his condolences, Trump promised May the full cooperation and support of the US government in “responding to the attack and bringing those responsible to justice.”

The US State Department echoed Trump’s support for the U.K. in a statement issued shortly after the attack.

“We condemn these horrific acts of violence, and whether they were carried out by troubled individuals or by terrorists, the victims know no difference,” US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said in the statement.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer also condemned the attack during his daily press briefing on Wednesday, and praised the quick response by police officials and first responders on the scene.

londonattack