REPORT: Trump to Lose RNC Funding if He Announces 2024 Run

WASHINGTON (Fox News)— The Republican National Convention would stop paying for former President Donald Trump’s legal expenses if he announces he’s running for president in 2024, according to a Thursday report.

The RNC is currently bankrolling several legal cases for Trump, including personal lawsuits and government investigations into him. That flow of cash would end once he announces his candidacy for president in 2024, according to ABC News. Some see the move as an incentive for Trump to delay announcing his candidacy at least until after the 2022 midterm elections, which Republicans are already poised to win.

RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel has previously stated that the Republican Party cannot be biased in favor of any one candidate in the party’s presidential primary.

Top-level members of the Republican Party have encouraged Trump to delay announcing his candidacy until after the midterms. Many read that as Republicans fearing that a Trump announcement upsetting the status quo of voters focused on inflation, gas prices and President Joe Biden’s low approval rating.

“My point to him has always been, ‘Let’s go win ’22,'” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday of his conversations with Trump, adding that he encouraged Trump to hold off on an announcement.

Trump stated earlier in July that he as already made up his mind on whether to run, and that the main decision is now whether he will announce before or after the midterms.

The RNC has already paid nearly $2 million in legal fees for the former president.

NOVEMBER A NO GO? Trump Hints At Delaying Presidential Election

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Thursday suggested the possibility of delaying November’s election based on concerns of voter fraud.

“Mail-In Voting is already proving to be a catastrophic disaster,” the president tweeted. “Even testing areas are way off. The Dems talk of foreign influence in voting, but they know that Mail-In Voting is an easy way for foreign countries to enter the race. Even beyond that, there’s no accurate count!”

“New York Mail-In voting is in a disastrous state of condition. Votes from many weeks ago are missing – a total mess. They have no idea what is going on. Rigged Election. I told you so,” Trump continued. “Same thing would happen, but on massive scale, with USA. Fake News refuses to report!”

The response to the president’s comments came quickly from both the left an the right, as both Democrats and Republicans balked at the idea.

“The fact that he is even suggesting it is a serious, chilling attack on the democratic process. All members of Congress – and the administration – should speak out,” New Mexico Senator Tom Udall said of Trump’s comments.

Even some of the president’s staunchest allies condemned the idea.

“Never in the history of the federal elections have we ever not held an election and we should go forward with our election,” House of Representatives Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, too, said the election should go forward on time as planned.

Grilled by reporters over whether or not the president had the authority to move the election date, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said he would not “enter a legal judgement on the fly” but said the justice department would “make that legal determination”, adding “we want an election that everyone is confident in”.

Chris Stewart, a Republican congressman from Utah said while he did not agree with the idea of postponing the election, the president had a valid point when it comes to election tampering.

“Can you ensure the accuracy of mail-in voting?” Stewart said. “Now in some states you can. In my state in Utah, for example, we’ve been doing it for quite a while, but we’re a small state with a relatively small population. It’s harder to do on a national scale.”

TRUMP UNDER ATTACK: Dems launch sweeping probe into president’s businesses, campaign, family

WASHINGTON — Democrat House leaders on Monday launched a full-scale attack on Donald Trump, his business and family members in the hopes of scoring some dirt on the much-embattled president.

Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler said Monday that document requests were sent to 81 people connected to the president, business associates and his presidential campaign.

According to Nadler, the investigation will center around allegations of obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power.

The document requests, with responses to most due by March 18, are a way to “begin building the public record” and to carry out the responsibilities the committee has to investigate and hold public hearings, Nadler said.

“Over the last several years, President Trump has evaded accountability for his near-daily attacks on our basic legal, ethical, and constitutional rules and norms,” Nadler said while announcing the probe. “Investigating these threats to the rule of law is an obligation of Congress and a core function of the House Judiciary Committee.”

Among those to receive letters from the committee are Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr.; his son-in-law, Jared Kushner; and the former top White House aides Hope Hicks, Sean Spicer, and Steve Bannon—all of whom have already testified before Congress relating to the various probes into Trump’s alleged ties to Russia.

In an interview with The Washington Times on Saturday, Nadler admitted that his committee was still a “long way” from launching impeachment proceedings. “We do not now have the evidence all sorted out to do an impeachment,” Nadler told ABC’s This Week. “Before you impeach somebody, you have to persuade the American people that it ought to happen.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy scoffed at the Nadler’s latest probe, saying Democrats are simply desperate to find anything they think they can possibly use against the president.

“There’s no collusion,” McCarthy said, “so they want to build something else.”

demsvstrump