TRUMP: ‘Creepster’ John Bolton a ‘Lowlife’ Who Should Be in Jail

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Tuesday continued his attack against John Bolton, calling his former national security adviser a “creepster” who should “be in jail.”

“Washed up Creepster John Bolton is a lowlife who should be in jail, money seized, for disseminating, for profit, highly Classified information,” Trump tweeted of Bolton’s new tell-all book, “The Room Where It Happened; A White House Memoir.”

“Remember what they did to the young submarine sailor, but did nothing to Crooked Hillary, ” the president wrote. “I ended up pardoning him – It wasn’t fair!”

Bolton has caught bipartisan heat for writing the book, which accuses the president of misconduct on multiple levels.

Republicans are calling Bolton’s book a work of fiction, while some Democrats say if the details in Bolton’s book were true, he should have testified during Trump’s impeachment trial earlier this year.

Trump administration officials claim Bolton violated the law by publishing classified information — which includes detailed, on the record conversations with the president.

REPORT: Feds Considering Criminal Charges Against Bolton Over Leaked Classified Material

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors are preparing to file criminal charges against former Trump National Security Advisor John Bolton if it is revealed that his soon-to-be-released memoir contains classified information, according to a report.

The report, published by the Los Angeles Times, comes just one day after the Department of Justice filed motion asking a federal judge to block publication of Bolton’s upcoming book, “In the Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir.”

The suit calls for the court to prevent Bolton from “compromising national security” by publishing the 500-page manuscript — which the government described as “rife with classified information,” stating his plan to release the book is in direct breach of his White House employment agreement.

“The United States seeks an order requiring defendant to abide by his contractual and fiduciary duties to complete the prepublication review process and not disclose classified information without written authorization, thereby protecting the national security of the United States,” the suit reads.

“Simply put, defendant struck a bargain with the United States as a condition of his employment in one of the most sensitive and important national security positions in the United States government,” the suit continues, “and now wants to renege on that bargain by unilaterally deciding that the pre-publication review process is complete and deciding for himself whether classified information should be made public.”

In the book, Bolton accused the House of Representatives of committing “impeachment malpractice” and alleged that the President Donald Trump had engaged in greatly more significant impeachable conduct than what he was ultimately accused of.

A White House spokesperson, when reached for comment, called Bolton’s claims “a work of fiction.”

Giuliani: Bolton a ‘Backstabber’ Over New Trump Tell All

WASHINGTON — Rudy Giuliani came out swinging Wednesday against former National Security Adviser John Bolton’s new tell all book.

During an appearance on Fox News, Giuliani, who serves as President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, called Bolton a “backstabber” and said he’s not quite sure “what happened” to him.

“I don’t care if he says what he saw or he doesn’t,” Giuliani said on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom” of Bolton’s new book, “The Room Where It Happened.”

“If they want to publish what he says about me, I’m sure that’s not classified,” said Giuliani. “I’m happy to have him do it and I’m happy to respond to it because he’s a backstabber.”

Addressing Bolton’s claims that Giuliani and Trump “mishandled” foreign affairs, Giuliani said Bolton never came to him to address his concerns.

“He never came to me and gave me those concerns,” Giuliani said. “If he was concerned about that, if the man were a man rather than a backstabber, he would’ve talked to me…He’s selling out to sell a book. I don’t know what happened to him.”

The Trump administration has filed suit to block Bolton’s book, which is scheduled for release on June 23, on claims that it contains classified information.

In its filing, the Justice Department argues that Bolton “regularly came into possession of some of the most sensitive classified information that exists in the U.S. government,” as part of his day to day duties. Officials said Bolton’s manuscript, which contains over 500 pages, was “rife with classified information, which he proposed to release to the world” and contained “significant quantities of classified information that it asked Defendant to remove.”

“The United States is not seeking to censor any legitimate aspect of Defendant’s manuscript; it merely seeks an order requiring Defendant to complete the prepublication review process and to take all steps necessary to ensure that only a manuscript that has been officially authorized through that process — and is thus free of classified information — is disseminated publicly,” the suit argues.

In a statement Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union called the lawsuit “doomed to fail.”

Ben Wizner, director of the ACLU’s speech, technology and privacy project, said the Supreme Court rejected a half-century ago the Nixon administration’s efforts to block the release of the Pentagon Papers, and said it has been since established that prior restraints on publication are unconstitutional.

“As usual, the government’s threats have nothing to do with safeguarding national security, and everything to do with avoiding scandal and embarrassment,” Wizner said.

Calls for statement to John Bolton’s spokesperson was met with “no comment.”

WASHINGTON, DC – President Donald Trump, left, flanked by then national security advisor John Bolton, right, speaks to the media as he meets with senior military leadership in the Cabinet Room of the White House on April 9, 2018 in Washington, D.C. (Photo by Ricky Carioti/The Washington Post via Getty Images)

‘WITCH HUNT!’: Trump delays Puting meeting until 2019 citing Mueller probe

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced his intent to delay the upcoming DC visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Citing the ongoing investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, Trump said he thought it best to delay Putin’s scheduled visit to the US this autumn.

In a statement, National security adviser John Bolton said Trump believed his next meeting with Putin should take place “after the Russia witch hunt is over”.

“The President believes that the next bilateral meeting with President Putin should take place after the Russia witch hunt is over, so we’ve agreed that it will be after the first of the year,” Bolton said.

Last week, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders announced that Trump had directed Bolton to extend an invitation to Putin to visit Washington later this year, days after the two met for a summit in Helsinki, Finland, which quickly turned controversial.

In comments following the meeting, the president appeared to suggest that he believed Russia played no role in influencing the outcome of the 2016 presidential election, despite the findings of US intelligence officials.

Trump’s decision to invite Putin for a second meeting came as the White House sought to quell the controversy that arose over the president’s comments.

Trump later clarified his previous statement, stating that he had simply misspoke.

Mueller’s team has been for months investigating nearly everyone associated with Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and has thus far found no proof of wrongdoing by the president.

However, earlier this month, a federal grand jury indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers on allegations of hacking emails belonging to the Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC during the 2016 election. All 12 defendants have been identified as members of GRU, a Russian intelligence agency.

trumpputinmeetig

REPORT: Trump asks Bolton to bring Putin to DC

WASHINGTON, D.C (The Hill) — President Trump has asked his national security adviser John Bolton to invite Russian President Vladimir Putin to Washington for a second summit.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced that plans are underway for a second summit after Trump floated the news in an earlier tweet on Thursday.

“In Helsinki, @POTUS agreed to ongoing working level dialogue between the two security council staffs,” Sanders tweeted. “President Trump asked @Ambjohnbolton to invite President Putin to Washington in the fall and those discussions are already underway.”

Sanders’s tweet came three days after the two leaders held talks in Finland, igniting a political firestorm in the United States after Trump appeared to put equal weight in Putin’s denial of involvement in the 2016 election with the findings of U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia did interfere.

Since then, Trump and his aides have sought to walk back his comments in Helsinki. On Tuesday, the president insisted that he misspoke when he said that he saw no reason why Russia would meddle in U.S. political affairs, explaining that he meant to say he did not know why Moscow “wouldn’t” interfere.

He also insisted that he believed the assessment of the U.S. intelligence community that Russia meddled in the 2016 election – a remark that he appeared to undercut almost immediately by saying that it “could be other people also.”

He faced criticism again on Wednesday when he appeared to respond to a reporter’s question about whether Russia was still trying to interfere in U.S. political affairs with a blunt, “no.” Sanders later said that the president was declining to answer the question when he said “no,” and was not giving his opinion on the interference issue.

Despite the criticism swirling around his summit with Putin, Trump hailed the meeting on Thursday as a “great success” and said he wanted to meet with his Russian counterpart again so they could begin “implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more.”

The series of controversial statements and subsequent reversals from the president and the White House have continued to ripple through Washington. The notion that Trump could allow Americans to be interviewed by Russian authorities, for example, drew a rebuke from his own State Department and prompted Sanders to distance the president from the proposal on Thursday.

“It is a proposal that was made in sincerity by President Putin, but President Trump disagrees with it,” Sanders said.

Trump Putin Summit, Helsinki, Finland - 16 Jul 2018