VEGAS MYSTERY DEEPENS: LVPD halts news conferences as security guard who disputed official story goes missing

LAS VEGAS, NV — The Las Vegas Police Department announced Tuesday it would no longer participate in future press conferences despite calls for updates on the investigation into the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

The stunning announcement comes as questions regarding the whereabouts of Jesus Campos, a Mandalay Bay security guard who blew the lid off the government’s official story, reach a fever pitch.

Campos, who was scheduled for a series of television interviews last week, has seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth since going public with information that disputed the FBI’s official timeline of events.

David Hickey, president of the Security, Police, and Fire Professionals of America, the union which represents Campos, told the Los Angles Times on Monday it had been four days since he last saw Campos (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-jesus-campos-vegas-20171016-story.html.

“We have had no contact with him… Clearly, somebody knows where he is,” Hickey said.

Hickey said the last contact he had with Compos was via text message in which he was told Campos was being taken to a walk-in health clinic in Vegas.

“For the past four days he’d been preparing,” Hickey told FOX5 Las Vegas. “We had a meeting with MGM officials, and after that meeting was over, we talked about the interviews, we went to a private area, and when we came out, Mr. Campos was gone.”

But according to the clinic in question, Campos never showed up.

When pressed for statement, LVPD Spokesman Larry Hadfield said the police department had “no comment” on Campos’ disappearance.

“He is a victim in this and we don’t discuss victims,” Hadfield said.

Campos’ disappearance only adds to the mystery surrounding the October 1 event during which police say 58 year old Stephen Paddock opened fire on concert goers from the upper floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Resort in downtown Las Vegas, killing 58 people and wounding 546 others.

Campos was also allegedly shot by Paddock, but an emergency call radioed in for help after Campos was wounded contradicted the official timeline put forth by both the LVPD and the FBI.

“Right now I’m just concerned where my member is, and what his condition is. It’s highly unusual,” Hickey told Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/17/las-vegas-guard-jesus-campos-not-missing-person-police-say-hes-victim.html). “I’m hoping everything is OK with him.”

missing

OFFICIAL STORY FALLS APART: Hotel worker claims he dodged bullets before Las Vegas shooter opened fire

LAS VEGAS, NV — In yet another blow to the government’s official story, a hotel worker for Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino says he called for help before shooting suspect Stephen Paddock opened fire.

Stephen Schuck, a hotel engineer at the now infamous resort, said he radioed for assistance after Paddock shot at him and a fellow security guard.

“I could feel them (bullets) pass right behind my head,” engineer Stephen Schuck told NBC News’ “Today” on Wednesday (https://www.today.com/news/las-vegas-hotel-workers-took-cover-hallway-after-gunman-opened-t117342). “Something hit me in the back.”

Schuck claims he was on an upper-level floor of the Las Vegas hotel on Oct. 1 when he received a request to look at a fire exit door that wouldn’t open on the 32nd floor.

The exit door in question was located on the same floor where Paddock allegedly opened fire on concertgoers 1,200 feet below, killing 58 people and wounding hundreds more.

Schuck claims he entered the hallway when the first round of bullets went off at about 9:59 p.m.

“As soon as they stopped, I saw Jesus pop out….he yelled at me to take cover,” Schuck said. “As soon as I started to go to a door to my left, the rounds started coming down the hallway.”

“It was kind of relentless so I called over the radio what was going on,” he said. “As soon as the shooting stopped we made our way down the hallway and took cover again and then the shooting started again.”

Schuck’s claims are in direct contrast to the official story given by investigators that he and security guard Jesus Campos were wounded by Paddock after the suspect opened fire on crowds from his hotel room but before turning the gun on himself.

According to police and FBI reports on the shooting, investigators claim Paddock fired through the door of his room and injured the unarmed guard after shooting into the crowd.

Joseph Giacalone, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and a retired New York City police sergeant, told ABC-7 Las Vegas (http://abc7.com/las-vegas-shooting-chilling-audio-recordings-released/2519385/) that the new timeline “changes everything.”

“There absolutely was an opportunity in that timeframe that some of this could’ve been mitigated,” he said.

The Schuck’s claim is accurate, it means that based on the Las Vegas police’s own timeline it took 19 minutes for the LVPD to know what the guard and the maintenance worker already knew — where exactly Paddock was shooting from. Families of the victims say that leads them to wonder how many of their loved ones could have been saved.

Nicole Rapp, whose mother was trampled during the chaos of the shooting said she’s “having a hard time wrapping my head around” the new revelations.

“It’s very confusing to me that they are just discovering this a week later,” she told ABC 7. “How did we not know this before? It’s traumatic for the victims and their families not to be sure of what happened.”

vegas-shooter-paddock-ho-ps-171002_2_4x3_992