WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Tuesday continued his attack against John Bolton, calling his former national security adviser a “creepster” who should “be in jail.”
“Washed up Creepster John Bolton is a lowlife who should be in jail, money seized, for disseminating, for profit, highly Classified information,” Trump tweeted of Bolton’s new tell-all book, “The Room Where It Happened; A White House Memoir.”
“Remember what they did to the young submarine sailor, but did nothing to Crooked Hillary, ” the president wrote. “I ended up pardoning him – It wasn’t fair!”
Bolton has caught bipartisan heat for writing the book, which accuses the president of misconduct on multiple levels.
Republicans are calling Bolton’s book a work of fiction, while some Democrats say if the details in Bolton’s book were true, he should have testified during Trump’s impeachment trial earlier this year.
Trump administration officials claim Bolton violated the law by publishing classified information — which includes detailed, on the record conversations with the president.
WASHINGTON — Trump ally Roger Stone was sentenced to 40 months in federal prison Thursday for making what prosecutors said were false statements to investigators regarding the Trump-Russia probe.
Prosecutors had suggested that Stone, 67, serve nine years.
U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson, while sentencing Stone, said the prison term originally sought by federal prosecutors was “too excessive.”
“Mr. Stone lied,” Jackson said, denying allegations put forth by Stone’s defense team that he had been persecuted for his conservative stance. “He was not prosecuted, as some have claimed, for standing up for the president. He was prosecuted for covering up for the president.”
Stone, who was convicted in November on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements to Congress on charges that stemmed from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, chose not to speak on his own behalf during the sentencing.
President Trump took quickly to Twitter following Stone’s sentencing, blasting the decision as politically motivated.
“’They say Roger Stone lied to Congress.’ @CNN. OH, I see, but so did Comey (and he also leaked classified information, for which almost everyone, other than Crooked Hillary Clinton, goes to jail for a long time), and so did Andy McCabe, who also lied to the FBI! FAIRNESS?” he tweeted.
The sentence is a far cry from the probation sought by Stone’s defense team, who cited their client’s age and lack of criminal history.
Stone was the sixth Trump aide to be convicted of charges brought as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible Russian collusion during the 2016 presidential election.
In addition to his sentence, Roger Stone was fined $20,000 and given restrictions on travel pending his defense team’s motion for a new trial over claims of juror bias. Stone remains free on bond pending the outcome of the motion.
WASHINGTON– Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was notified by Justice Department officials Thursday that they have rejected his appeal to avoid being criminally charged for lying to federal agents.
The Justice Department’s decision clears the way for McCabe to be indicted, say legal experts.
The news comes just one month after McCabe sued the Justice Department and U.S. Attorney General William Barr, claiming his firing in March 2018 was unlawful. McCabe was terminated by then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions after an internal investigation revealed he had disclosed the agency’s probe into the Clinton Foundation.
According to sources, the U.S. attorney’s office for the District of Columbia informed McCabe’s attorneys last month that charges against their client were being recommended.
McCabe and his legal team formally appealed the recommendation through Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and the U.S. attorney, Jessie Liu, on Aug. 21.
The recommendation of McCabe’s indictment is the latest development in the FBI’s investigations around the 2016 presidential election, when the agency was charged with investigating both Republican candidate Donald Trump and Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.
McCabe, 51, has often been the subject of President Donald Trump’s rage. The president frequently called for McCabe’s termination on the grounds that he was biased against him and that he had tipped the scales in the FBI Russia probe to favor Clinton. McCabe denied the president’s allegations.
WASHINGTON — Newly released transcripts of Loretta Lynch’s testimony before the House Oversight and Judiciary Committee last December show the former Obama administration Attorney General now contradicts claims made by former FBI head James Comey.
When directly asked if she instructed Comey to call the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s email scandal a “matter,” she replied: “I did not.
“I have never instructed a witness as to what to say specifically,” she said. “Never have, never will. In the meeting that I had with the director, we were discussing how best to keep Congress informed of progress and discuss requesting resources for the department overall.”
“I didn’t direct anyone to use specific phraseology,” Lynch continued. “When the director asked me how to best to handle that, I said: ‘What I have been saying is we have received a referral and we are working on the matter, working on the issue, or we have all the resources we need to handle the matter, handle the issue.’ So, that was the suggestion that I made to him.”
Lynch’s claims directly contradict Claims Comey made to the New York Times, in which he said Lych specifically asked him to refer the Clinton investigation as “a matter.”
“The attorney general had directed me not to call it an ‘investigation,’ but instead to call it a ‘matter,’ which confused me and concerned me,” Comey told the Times in June, 2017.
Transcripts of Lynch’s testimony also show she denied allegations that her department never ordered politically motivated infiltration of then-candidate Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
“Did President Obama, or anyone in his administration, ever make a demand or request that the FBI or DOJ infiltrate or surveil the Trump campaign for political purposes?” Lynch was asked by Rep. Jerry Nadler, (D)-N.Y..
“Never,” Lynch replied.
Asked how she would respond if she had received such a request, Lynch said, “I would have declined it and told them how inappropriate it was.”
WASHINGTON (Judicial Watch) — Jacob “Jake” Sullivan, Hillary Clinton’s senior advisor and deputy chief of staff when she was secretary of state, has now answered Judicial Watch’s questions under oath.
Judicial Watch has released the transcript of this court-ordered deposition in which he admits that both he and Clinton used her unsecure non-government email system to conduct official State Department business.
The organization’s court-ordered discovery centered upon whether Clinton intentionally attempted to evade the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by using a non-government email system and whether the State Department adequately searched for records responsive to Judicial Watch’s FOIA request.
In the questioning, Sullivan admitted that he had used his personal Gmail account at times for State Department business but denied that he had sent classified information to Secretary Clinton’s unsecured personal system.
After Judicial Watch pointed out that on January 26, 2010, Sullivan sent a classified email with the subject line “call sheet,” Sullivan testified: “When I sent this email, my best judgment was that none of the material in it was classified, and I felt comfortable sending the email on an unclassified system. The material has subsequently been unclassified but at the time that I sent it, I did not believe that it was classified.”
Sullivan’s deposition is part of United States District Judge Royce C. Lamberth’s order for senior officials — including Susan Rice, Ben Rhodes, Jacob Sullivan, and FBI official E.W. Priestap – to respond under oath to Judicial Watch’s questions.
A full transcript of the deposition is available by clicking here.
LAS VEGAS — Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton faced a wave of embarrassment Sunday as she was heckled while on stage during a speaking event.
“I’m a deplorable! I’m a deplorable! You’re going to jail, lady!” the man, who identified himself as a combat veteran and supporter of President Donald Trump yelled from the crowd. “You’ve all been deceived,”
Clinton, who was appearing at a Las Vegas auditorium alongside husband, former president Bill Clinton, quickly ordered the man escorted from the premises.
“We have some people who’d rather shout than talk and listen,” she said to the crowd as the man was taken away.
The man, who revealed his identity on Twitter using the handle @DeplorableHill, said he bought tickets to the event only for the opportunity to give Clinton a piece of his mind.
“I bought my ticket and I had a plan to let Bill and Hillary know that we weren’t going to have them in Nevada uncontested. #MAGA,” he tweeted.
According to a report published by The Daily Mail, the Vegas stop was just the latest in a lackluster attempt by the Clintons to generate interest. The auditorium, reports the Mail, was filled to only two-thirds capacity and ticket prices had been dropped to
a mere $2 in an effort to fill seats.
After the commotion, Clinton blamed her election loss in 2016 on sexism.
“It is unfortunately still true that sexism and misogyny are alive and well in our political system,” she told the crowd. “Women are held to a higher double standard and often more harshly, and we’ve got to get over that, my friends.”
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Thursday declared victory after Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s redacted report on the Russia scandal absolved him of any wrongdoing.
The report, released Thursday morning, found no evidence that Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia and found no causes to justify obstruction of justice.
“It’s a good day,” the president said during a White House event as he welcomed a group of wounded warriors. “This should never be allowed to happen to another president again.”
Trump, who has often times referred to the nearly two-year-long investigation as a “witch hunt,” took to Twitter to declare victory.
“No Collusion. No Obstruction,” the president wrote in a tweet. “For the haters and the radical left Democrats — Game Over.”
One interesting piece of information that came from the Mueller report shows that several times throughout the ordeal Trump pushed Michael Flynn and other members of his administration to track down Democratic rival Hillary Clinton’s private emails, which were also at one time the subject of an FBI investigation.
According to an excerpt from Mueller’s report, “Trump asked individuals affiliated with his Campaign to find the deleted Clinton emails. Michael Flynn, who would later serve as National Security Advisor in the Trump Administration – recalled that Trump made this request repeatedly, and Flynn subsequently contacted multiple people in an effort to obtain the emails.”
Clinton’s emails have been at the center of controversy for years. Clinton’s attorneys claim their client deleted approximately 33,000 emails because they were personal and not government related. Republicans, however, have long fought for the release of the emails, claiming they were improperly deleted and hid damaging information.
Mueller’s report, which most political pundits expected to be much more highly redacted, also shows that Trump, outraged at the investigation, tried often to intervene in the investigation.
The report states that in June of 2017, Trump directed White House counsel Don McGahn to call Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversaw the investigation, to say that Mueller must be ousted because Mueller had conflicts of interest. According to the report’s findings, McGahn refused on the grounds that doing so may indicate impropriety.
In his final summary, Mueller wrote: “While the investigation identified numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges.”
“Now the tables have turned, and it’s time to investigate the liars who instigated this sham investigation into President Trump, motivated by political retribution and based on no evidence whatsoever,” Trump’s re-election campaign manager, Brad Parscale, said in a statement.
Trump’s son, Donald Trump, Jr., who had also been the subject of investigation throughout the Mueller probe, also weighed in on Thursday’s findings.
“Better luck next hoax!” the younger Trump wrote on Twitter.
Calls for statement to a Hillary Clinton spokesperson were met with “no comment.”
WASHINGTON — A pro-Trump super PAC has released a new ad video detailing Joe Biden’s well-known history of inappropriate fondling and touching of women and young girls.
The new ad, titled “Creepy Joe,” was created by The Great America PAC, and reportedly took six figures to produce. The ad will begin running in full force once Biden officially declares his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election.
The video borrows heavily from an official Hillary Clinton 2016 ad which mocked Trump’s behavior and suggested that he was not “presidential material.” Much like the Hillary ad, the GAP video shows children gathered around a television set as they watch a series of news clips featuring an array of Biden scandals.
Nevada state legislator Lucy Flores, a Democrat who accused Biden of smelling her hair and kissing the back of her head at a 2014 campaign event, also appears in the ad and is interviewed by CNN’s Jake Tapper.
“The recent accusations leveled against Joe Biden are particularly troubling when viewed in the full context of the history and patterns of the Vice President,” Ed Rollins, chairman of the Great America PAC, said of Joe Biden. “During the Kavanaugh confirmation, Biden himself said Christine Blasey Ford ‘should be given the benefit of the doubt.’ Sadly, Democrats are now being incredibly hypocritical by ignoring or dismissing these episodes, which they never do against our side.”
“Using the format of Clinton’s 2016 ad is the perfect way to detail this disturbing behavior by Biden as well as the Democrats’ blatant hypocrisy,” Rollins added.
Calls for statement to Joe Biden’s representatives were met with “no comment.”
WASHINGTON — A new poll released by The Hill on Monday shows that a “majority” of registered voters say they would be open to a second presidential term for Donald Trump.
54 percent of voters asked in the new HarrisX poll say they would consider voting for the much-embattled president in 2020, with most citing the booming economy as their reason why.
“Clearly the economy is always the issue in every presidential election,” GOP pollster Ed Goeas told Hill.TV. “Because that’s what it always is. Jobs, the economy, taxes. Basically, do people feel their lives are doing better economically than when that president went in?”
In all, the entire poll showed favorable results for the often embattled president.
According to the numbers:
– 95 percent of respondents who said they voted for Trump in 2016 said they’d do it again in 2020.
– Nearly a quarter, 24 percent, of 2016 Hillary Clinton voters who once said they would “never” vote for Trump now say they’d at least consider it and 35 percent say they now feel confident that they could.
A March 18 CNN-SSRS poll found that 71 percent of Americans viewed the country’s economy as “favorable”, a driving force for many voters.
Twenty percent of respondents polled said another reason they were willing to vote Trump in 2020 is that they viewed the current crop of Democratic presidential candidates as “too liberal”.