FRANKENGATE: Second woman to accuse Al Franken of sexual assault opens up as Senator continues to deny allegations

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The second woman to accuse Democratic Senator Al Franken of sexual assault is stepping up her claims, according to published reports.

Lindsay Menz told her story to CNN on Monday, claiming that Franken groped her while posing for a photo with her at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010 (http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html). Menz was the second woman to accuse Franken of sexual assault in less than a week, following allegations made by Los Angeles radio anchor Leeann Tweeden that Franken forcibly kissed and groped her during a 2006 tour while supporting the USO.

Menz detailed her claims after tweeting about the incident last Thursday, following Tweeden’s revelations.

“In August 2010, @alfranken grabbed me while taking a photo together at the Minnesota State Fair,” Menz tweeted last week. “I felt violated & embarassed. I 100% believe your account of him & his actions, @LeeannTweeden. Thank you for sharing your story. #metoo.”

Menz told CNN the incident occurred almost two years after Franken was elected to the Senate as she worked her father’s radio booth, meeting various elected officials, political candidates, and celebrities at the fair.

Menz says as she posed for the photo with the Minnesota Senator, Franken “pulled me in really close, like awkward close, and as my husband took the picture, he put his hand full-fledged on my rear. It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek.”

“It wasn’t around my waist. It wasn’t around my hip or side. It was definitely on my butt,” she said. “I was like, oh my God, what’s happening.”

“I felt gross. It’d be like being walking through the mall and some random person grabbing your butt,” Menz continued. “You just feel gross. Like ew, I want to wash that off of me.”

In a statement to CNN, Franken denied the allegations but said he apologized if he made Menz feel “uncomfortable” during the encounter.

“I take thousands of photos at the state fair surrounded by hundreds of people, and I certainly don’t remember taking this picture,” Franken said. “I feel badly that Ms. Menz came away from our interaction feeling disrespected.”

The allegations against Franken have led to calls for him to step down, even from some of his own party’s staunchest supporters.

“What kind of party do we want to be?” Democratic South Carolina state representative Bakari Sellers said on Friday. “The Democratic Party has to clean up their own house….And what I mean by that is its fair for me to say, as I do believe, that Al Franken should resign. I’m a Democrat saying Al Franken should resign.”

alfranken

DIRTY POLITICS: Yet another woman comes forward to accuse George H.W. Bush of sexual assault

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Another woman has come forward to accuse former president George H.W. Bush of sexual assault.

The latest woman to accuse the 41st president of wrongdoing claims that the incident occurred during a fundraiser for Bush’s re-election campaign in Dearborn, Michigan in 1992.

The accuser, who does not wish to be identified, told CNN that Bush grabbed her buttocks as the two posed for a photo together (http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politics/george-h-w-bush-accuser-1992/index.html).

“We got closer together for a family photo and it was like ‘Holy crap!'” she said, describing the incident. “It was like a gentle squeeze.”

When asked why she did not come forward until now, the woman, now 55, claims she felt too intimidated up until now.

“All the focus has been on ‘He’s old.’ OK, but he wasn’t old when it happened to me,” she told CNN. “I’ve been debating what to do about it.”

The latest accuser is the 7th woman to come forward with claims that Bush touched them inappropriately or made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including one woman, Rosyln Corrigan, who claimed she was 16 years old at the time.

“My initial reaction was absolute horror. I was really, really confused,” Corrigan told Time Magazine (http://time.com/5019182/george-hw-bush-groping-allegation/). “The first thing I did was look at my mom and, while he was still standing there, I didn’t say anything.”

“What does a teenager say to the ex-president of the United States?” she asked.

A Bush spokesperson issued a statement of apology on behalf of the former president last month after first being accused of groping actress Heather Lind.

Calls for comment to a Bush spokesperson on the latest allegations have not yet been returned.

hw

FRANKENGATE: Democratic Senator Al Franken hit with allegations of sexual assault

WASHINGTON, D.C.– Democratic Senator Al Franken was hit with allegations Thursday of kissing and groping a woman without her consent.

Leeann Tweeden, a radio news anchor with KABC in Los Angeles, said she met Franken in December 2006 while on USO tour to entertain military members, and it was then that the sexual assault occurred.

“In December of 2006, I embarked on my ninth USO Tour to entertain our troops, my eighth to the Middle East since the 9/11 attacks. My father served in Vietnam and my then-boyfriend (and now husband, Chris) is a pilot in the Air Force, so bringing a ‘little piece of home’ to servicemembers stationed far away from their families was both my passion and my privilege,” Tweeden said in a statement (http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/).

“(Franken) put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth,” Tweeden claims. “All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.I felt disgusted and violated.”

In a lengthy statement, Franken admitted to the incident and said he regretted any pain it may have caused.

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women,” the junior United States Senator from Minnesota wrote.

“I respect women. I don’t respect men who don’t,” he continued. “And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.”

The allegations against Franken are just the latest in a series of accusations against high ranking members of the government and entertainment industries.

Over the course of the past month, Alabama Senatorial candidate Roy Moore, actor/director Woody Allen and media mogul Harvey Weinstein have been accused of sexual assault by women who claim they were too intimidated to come forward before.

Meanwhile, lawmakers from both the Republican and Democratic sides have called for an investigation into the allegations against Franken.

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer called the accusations “troubling” and said
“sexual harassment is never acceptable and must not be tolerated.”

 

alfranken

DID HE KNOW TOO MUCH? INVESTIGATOR SAYS SLAIN DNC STAFFER SETH RICH SOURCE OF DNC LEAK

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Rod Wheeler, a retired Washington homicide detective hired to investigate the still unsolved murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich, has come forward with allegations that Rich may have been the source who leaked a wealth of DNC documents to Wikileaks just months before last November’s election.

Rich, who was employed as the Voter Expansion Data Director for the Democrat National Committee, was found murdered in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, D.C. on July 10, 2016. Although police officials called the murder the probable result of a robbery gone bad, Rich’s personal items including wallet, credit cards, watch and cell phone were never stolen.

Since Rich’s murder, speculation has run rampant that his death may have been tied to the leaked documents, which many blame for the downfall of the campaign of then Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Now, just two months shy of the one-year anniversary of Rich’s death, revelations by Wheeler, who says he believes that there has been a massive cover up into the DNC staffer’s murder, may just prove that speculation correct.

“The police department nor the FBI have been forthcoming,” Wheeler told Fox News D.C. affiliate Fox 5 (http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story). “They haven’t been cooperating at all. I believe that the answer to solving his death lies on that computer, which I believe is either at the police department or either at the FBI. I have been told both.”

When asked if Wheeler’s sources have told him there is information that links Rich to Wikileaks, Wheeler replied, “Absolutely. Yeah. That’s confirmed.”

“I have a source inside the police department that has looked at me straight in the eye and said, ‘Rod, we were told to stand down on this case and I can’t share any information with you,’” Wheeler continued. “Now, that is highly unusual for a murder investigation, especially from a police department. Again, I don’t think it comes from the chief’s office, but I do believe there is a correlation between the mayor’s office and the DNC and that is the information that will come out [Tuesday].”

According to a federal source close to the investigation, An FBI forensic report of Rich’s computer — generated within 96 hours after the polling expert’s murder — showed the staffer made contact with WikiLeaks through Gavin MacFadyen, a now-deceased American investigative reporter, documentary filmmaker, and agent of WikiLeaks who was living in London at the time.

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” the source confirmed.

On July 22, just 12 days after Rich’s murder, WikiLeaks published internal DNC emails that appeared to show that lead party officials had conspired to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont from becoming the party’s presidential nominee. The fall out from the controversy resulted in Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigning as DNC chairperson.

Later in the campaign, a series of more sinister emails released by Wikileaks revealed a series of bizarre, cult like activities partaken in by some of the DNC’s highest ranking members including the attendance of so called “spirit cooking” dinners where guests were urged to bring human urine, blood and breast milk to the event. The emails were a devastating and humiliating blow to the Hillary Clinton campaign and Clinton, herself, blamed the emails in part for her presidential loss.

The federal source says the emails are now in possession of the FBI, but that the investigation into Rich’s death is being “stalled” by the Washington Police Department.

In response to Wheeler’s comments, a spokesperson for Rich’s family has come forward with denials that the slain DNC staffer was the source behind the leak. Brad Bauman, who says that Wheeler is not authorized to speak for the Rich family, called Wheeler’s allegations “unsubstantiated.”

Calls for statement to a DNC spokesperson resulted in “no comment”.

whokilledsethrich

CAN’T LET GO: HILLARY BLAMES COMEY, WIKILEAKS, WOMAN HATERS AND THE RUSSIANS FOR LOSS TO TRUMP

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton spoke out on Tuesday, blaming her election loss to president Trump on FBI director James Comey and Julian Assange.

Showing emotions ranging from anger to indignation, Clinton referenced the now famous announcement made by Comey late in the presidential campaign that agents were looking into new details related to the scandal surrounding the former Secretary of State handling of classified emails. She also blamed the massive hack of DNC emails that were released at the order of Julian Assange, founder of the anti-secrecy watchdog group, Wikileaks.

“I was on the way to winning until a combination of Jim Comey’s letter on October 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me but were scared off,” said Clinton while speaking at a Women for Women International Conference (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJjd4iaFasI). “If the election were on October 27, I’d be your president.”

Although Clinton said she took “absolute personal responsibility” for her loss to Trump, she then went on to blame her failed presidential bid on being a woman.

Asked by moderator Christiane Amanpour if misogyny played a role in her campaign failure, she replied, “Yes I do think it played a role.”

“And I think as we learn more and more about unprecedented foreign interference from a foreign leader who is not in my fan club” she added, referencing claims by Democrats that the election results were manipulated by the Russians.

As for her future political aspirations, Clinton says she now plays the role of activist.
“I’m now back to being an activist citizen, and part of the resistance,” she said.

“It is a painful process reliving the campaign,” said Clinton, adding that she is now working on a memoir to document her life in the political spotlight.

HILLARY

‘FIX THIS MESS!’ TRUMP DEFENDS SPENDING BILL AS REPUBLICANS BALK

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Donald Trump on Tuesday defended a $1.1 trillion deal as Republicans lashed back over some of the bill’s most controversial compromises.

The bill, which affords funding to Democratic sponsored programs such as Planned Parenthood, does not include funding to programs deemed priorities by Republicans, such as financing to begin construction of a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico, a promise that Trump famously campaigned upon. The bill also provides continued federal funding to so called “sanctuary cities”, a fact that has conservatives outraged.

The president took to Twitter to defend the spending bill, claiming that compromises were necessary in order to avert a government shutdown.

“The reason for the plan negotiated between the Republicans and Democrats is that we need 60 votes in the Senate which are not there!” Trump tweeted, calling for voters to elect more Republican senators in 2018 “or change the rules” of the Senate filibuster. “Our country needs a good ‘shutdown’ in September to fix mess!” he added.

Heritage Action, an organization that promotes conservative causes, blasted the spending bill on Tuesday (https://heritageaction.com/sentinel-professionals/massive-spending-bill-fails-meet-conservative-priorities-2/), claiming the bill “woefully fails the test of fiscal responsibility and does not advance important conservative policies.”

Even mega Trump supporter Rush Limbaugh slammed the proposed legislation during his radio show on Monday, calling out the priorities of the Trump administration in the process.

“Sanctuary cities are continually funded,” said Limbaugh. “Obamacare is not repealed nor is it replaced….Obamacare gets funded. Sanctuary cities get funded. The EPA gets funded through September. Planned Parenthood gets funded. The wall does not. So if you’re asking yourself, ‘Why am I voting Republican?,’ you have a good question.”

“Why is anybody voting Republican, if this is what happens when we win?” Limbaugh added.

Conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer echoed Limbaugh’s sentiments during an interview on Monday’s Fox News. “This is a total loss,” Krauthammer said of the bill.

However, backers of the bill say the president has done his best to compromise in an effort to avoid a government blackout, arguing the deal provides an additional $15 billion for defense spending and a $1.5 billion spending increase for border security.

“The hard fact is in the Senate, Trump is going to have to eight votes from the Democrats to bring this spending bill across the finish line,” Rep. Tom Rice (R-SC) of the Ways and Means Committee told Fox News. Rice also noted that the border adjustment tax, which the Trump administration has deemed a priority, remains “on the table.”

A final vote on the bill is expected later this week.

trumpbudgetbill

NOT BACKING DOWN: KIM JUNG-UN WARNS PREEMPTIVE NUCLEAR STRIKE COULD COME ‘AT ANY TIME’ DESPITE TRUMP’S OFFER TO ‘TALK’

PYONGYANG, NORTH KOREA — North Korean leader Kim Jong-un announced on Monday that a nuclear launch could come “at any time and at any location” in response to what it called acts of aggression by the United States.

The rogue leader’s comment comes on the same day that U.S. president Donald Trump said he would be willing to sit down with Jong-un to discuss their countries’ differences if the “circumstances were right” (https://rebekahworsham.org/2017/05/01/peace-talks-trump-says-he-would-absolutely-meet-with-north-korean-leader-kim-jung-un-as-world-braces-for-war/).

Tensions between the U.S. and North Korea have been at an all time high for the past several weeks, since the communist country claimed that it has developed nuclear weapons that have the capacity to reach the U.S. mainland.

A spokesman for Jung-un’s military said Pyongyang was “fully ready to respond to any option taken by the US” and that it will “continue bolstering its preemptive nuclear attack” capabilities until Washington refrained from its “hostile policies”.

“The DPRK’s measures for bolstering the nuclear force to the maximum will be taken in a consecutive and successive way at any moment and any place decided by its supreme leadership,” a statement from the state-run KCNA news agency read.

Last week, both Washington, D.C. and Pyongyang, North Korea’s capital city, carried out joint exercises to prepare for the impact of nuclear war. Further, in a nearly unprecedented event, all members of the U.S. Senate were called to the White House to be briefed on the escalating conflict.

The U.S. emergency drills have ended, but naval exercises are continuing in the Sea of Japan (East Sea) with a US strike group led by the aircraft carrier the USS Carl Vinson.

During the past week, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called upon the UN Security Council to do more to stop North Korea’s nuclear weapons program and warned of “catastrophic consequences” if the world does not act.

Asked during a Reuters interview on Saturday if a North Korea nuclear test would prompt U.S. military action, Trump replied: “You’ll soon find out.”

kimjongun