REPORT: Military to Offer Free Transgender Surgery Per Biden Executive Order

WASHINGTON (Newsmax)– The Department of Defense has confirmed in recent memos that sex reassignment surgery could be provided free of cost as part of the military’s medical benefits package following President Joe Biden’s Jan. 25 executive order.

“America is stronger, at home and around the world, when it is inclusive. The military is no exception,” the White House said in a press release announcing the order. 

“This means no one will be separated or discharged, or denied reenlistment, solely on the basis of gender identity,” the release continued. “Prospective recruits may serve in their self-identified gender when they have met the appropriate standards for accession into the military services.”

“This revised policy will also ensure all medically necessary transitionrelated care authorized by law is available to all Service members,” wrote Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin in a memo obtained by the Washington Examiner.

Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough said the military would “perform an assessment of the necessary steps to eliminate the exclusion of ‘gender alteration’ (gender affirmation surgery) in the medical benefits package.”

He wrote last month, in a memo ordering a review of the department’s policies and practices, that “Every person at VA, whether a customer or member of VA’s workforce, should be treated with respect and dignity. Our success as a team — our ability to deliver world-class care for our veterans — depends on our respect for our fellow VA employees and the veterans we serve and is critical to everything we do.”

Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., an Iraq War veteran who says he supports transgender people serving in the military, told the Examiner: “This is radical and new territory for a presidential administration to force taxpayers to fund sexual reassignment surgeries for those in the military. I’m compassionate toward those individuals who want to undergo an elective surgery of this nature, but taxpayers shouldn’t be on the hook to pay for it. It’s constitutionally dubious that Congress hasn’t passed these measures, but the administration, in a radical way, is pushing through this agenda. I sit on the committee that should debate these issues.”

Pink News notes that the military’s health insurance provider, TRICARE, already covers the cost of hormone therapy and psychological counseling for gender dysphoria and, while they generally do not cover surgery, they do note that “active-duty service members may request a waiver if their provider deems surgery medically necessary.”

The Pentagon first paid for gender-reassignment surgery for a transgender soldier in 2017, and has paid $8 million to treat 1,525 transgender troops between 2016 and 2019. Most of that cost covered psychological counseling and not surgical operations related to transitioning. A total of 161 surgeries were performed during that time, according to data provided to USA Today in 2019.

LEIGH DUNDAS: Trump May Have One More Trick Up His Sleeve

“Justice will be done” human rights attorney says of 2020 presidential election.

REPORT: Trump Considering Executive Order to Push Coronavirus Relief

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is considering sidestepping congress to to provide Coronavirus relief via executive order now that the Senate has failed to reach a deal, says the Washington Post.

According the report, the president is considering allocating funding for school vouchers, and improving the temporary payroll tax deferral through the Economic Stabilization Fund, which was established by Congress last March and is said to have hundreds of millions in funds waiting to be disbursed. The funds would also be used to to boost the airline industry and federal unemployment benefits.

Trump hinted days ago that he may be considering moving forward with or without congressional approval

“We have $300 billion in an account that we didn’t use — and we are willing to use that,” the president said at a White House press conference last week. “I think there is a theory that I could do it without having to go back [to Congress], but I think it would be appropriate to go back, and I would ask Congress to approve it.”

Leaders on both sides of the political isle have accused each other of playing politics when it comes to getting a much needed economic relief bill passed.

“Democrats just point fingers, call names and keep blocking American families from getting any more help before the November election,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, (R)-Ky., said on the Senate floor Wednesday.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., countered MCConnell’s remarks by asking why the majority leader continued to push a bill that he knows won’t pass.

“Is it because they really don’t want a bill, but a political issue — one that will ultimately backfire on them, I believe?” Schumer said.

Calls for comment to McConnell’s spokesperson were not immediately returned.

‘THIS IS A DISGRACE!’: Trump To Issue Executive Order To Protect Historical Monuments

WASHINGTON — In an effort to prevent mobs from destroying statues they deem to be ‘racist’, President Trump says he will issue an executive order that would force cities to protect historical monuments.

In an interview with EWTN, the president called the destruction of such monuments by Black Lives Matter activists a “disgrace” and vowed to protect them from further damage.

“You saw Ulysses S. Grant, where they want to take him down. He’s the one that stopped the ones that everybody dislikes so much. It’s a disgrace.”

“Also, remember, some of this is great artwork. This is magnificent artwork, as good as there is anywhere in the world, as good as you see in France, as good as you see anywhere.” Trump added.

“It’s a disgrace. Most of these people don’t even know what they’re taking down.” the President declared.

When asked if he had any plans to stop it, , Trump replied “We’re going to do an executive order, and we’re going to make the cities guard their monuments. This is a disgrace.”

President Trump followed the interview by taking to twitter where he wrote, “Ten years in prison under the Veteran’s Memorial Preservation Act! Beware!”

“I have authorized the Federal Government to arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal property in the U.S. with up to 10 years in prison, per the Veteran’s Memorial Preservation Act, or such other laws that may be pertinent,” Trump wrote. “This action is taken effective immediately, but may also be used retroactively for destruction or vandalism already caused. There will be no exceptions!”

IMMIGRATION CRACKDOWN: Trump to Sign Executive Order Suspending Work Visas to Protect American Jobs

WASHINGTON — Administration officials announced Monday that President Donald Trump will sign an executive order suspending the issuance of certain temporary worker visas through the end of 2020, in an effort to prioritize American workers and slow down immigration.

The order applies to H-1B visas, H-2B visas, H-4 visas, L-1 visas and certain J-1 visas, which relate to skilled and seasonal workers and spouses of H-1B visa holders.

The restrictions are set to remain in place for the rest of the calendar year and administration officials say they be extended beyond the end of the year.

The move comes in response to complaints that American born workers should be prioritized when it comes to jobs, especially in light of the economic downturn caused by the Coronavirus pandemic.

A senior administration official said the visa restrictions would free up more than half a million jobs for American workers. The order will also close loopholes that allow companies to outsource labor to foreign workers, the official said.

Two months ago the president signed an initial executive order which temporarily suspended the issuance of new green cards, citing the need to protect American jobs amid widespread unemployment caused by the Coronavirus outbreak.

“I think it’s going to make a lot of people very happy,” Trump said of the order Sunday during an interview with Fox News. “And it’s common sense, I mean, to be honest with you. It’s common sense.”

OVERRULED: SUPREME COURT RULES GRANDPARENTS AND GRANDCHILDREN EXEMPT FROM TRUMP TRAVEL BAN

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Donald Trump received another blow on Wednesday as the Supreme Court upheld with a Hawaii Court’s ruling that Grandparents and their grandchildren are exempt from being included in his embattled travel ban.

In its ruling the high court declared the Trump administration had failed to clearly define what constitutes “close family relationships” in regard to exceptions to the ban on travelers from six mainly Muslim countries — Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Libya, Syria and Yemen.

However, the court did rule in favor of the Trump administration by staying the portion of the Hawaii Federal district judge Derrick Watson’s ruling that would have expanded exemptions to its 120-day ban on all refugees.

Wednesday’s order is an addendum to the court’s ruling in June that the travel ban could not go into effect for those people with a “bona fide connection” to an individual
or charitable or religious entity already in the United States.

In the meantime approximately 24,000 refugees who already have been assigned to a charity or religious organization in the U.S. will not be able to utilize that connection to enter the country, a fact that has critics of the travel ban in an uproar.

“This ruling jeopardizes the safety of thousands of people across the world including vulnerable families fleeing war and violence,” said Naureen Shah, Amnesty International USA’s senior director of campaigns said in a released statement.

Hawaii Attorney General Doug Chin said the high court’s Wednesday order “confirms we were right to say that the Trump administration over-reached in trying to unilaterally keep families apart from each other.”

In their ruling, conservative Justices Samuel A. Alito Jr., Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas stated that they would have blocked Watson’s order in its entirety. The same three justices said last month they would have allowed the Trump travel ban to take full effect.

The Supreme Court is expected to receive oral arguments both for and against the travel ban in early October.

trumptravelban

‘GOD BLESS AMERICA’: TRUMP STRIKES BACK AGAINST WAR ON FAITH; SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDER TO PROTECT RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a move to restore religious freedoms in the U.S., president Donald Trump signed on Thursday an executive order to protect churches from sanctions by the IRS.

In his introduction of the president during a National Day of Prayer event inside the Rose Garden, Vice President Mike Pence said the National Day of Prayer is a time to reaffirm “the vital role people of faith play in American society” and praised Trump for marking the importance of the day.

“Our President is a believer. He loves his family and he loves his country with an unshakeable faith in God,” said Pence.

After thanking the Vice-president, Trump took to the podium and declared that the war on Christianity by the government is over.

“We’re a nation of believers. Faith is deeply embedded into the history of our country, the spirit of our founding and the soul of our nation,” Trump said as religious leaders and members of his staff looked on. “We will not allow people of faith to be targeted, bullied or silenced anymore.”

After a word of prayer with attending clergy, the president signed the executive action which effectively reverses the ban on political speech from the pulpit that was introduced in 1954 by then-Democratic Sen. Lyndon Johnson. Johnson’s bill, which was approved by Congress, gave the IRS the authority to punish tax-exempt religious organizations, including churches, for making political endorsements or participating in political campaigns.

“We are giving our churches their voices back,” Trump said.

“You are great, great people,” the president continues, pointing to the religious leaders in attendance. “No one should be censoring sermons or targeting pastors.”

“God bless you, and God bless America,” he concluded.

The order, “to protect and vigorously promote religious liberty”, was met with welcome praise by religious leaders from around the country.

“The first freedom in the Bill of Rights is religious freedom. America was born on the foundation of religious freedom and it is one of our most cherished liberties. There could be no better day to sign an executive order on religious freedom than the National Day of Prayer,” Mat Staver, chairman of Liberty Counsel, said of the executive action.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, also praised the order.

“The open season on Christians and other people of faith is coming to a close in America and we look forward to assisting the Trump administration in fully restoring America’s First Freedom,” Perkins said in a released statement,

However, critics of the president were quick to categorize the order as an attack on the LGBT community.

In a statement, (https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-statement-reports-impending-religious-freedom-executive-order) Louise Melling, ACLU’s deputy legal director said of the order: “The ACLU fights every day to defend religious freedom, but religious freedom does not mean the right to discriminate against or harm others. If President Trump signs an executive order that attempts to provide a license to discriminate against women or LGBT people, we will see him in court.”

When reached for statement on the ACLU’s response, a White House spokesperson said the president had, “no comment” on the organization’s threat.

trumpreligiousfreedoms

 

TRUMP’S REVENGE? POTUS CONSIDERS BREAKING UP 9TH CIRCUIT COURT AFTER RECENT RULINGS AGAINST HIM

WASHINGTON, D.C. — One thing is for certain when it comes to president Donald Trump….He doesn’t like being told “no”.

In a counter to recent rulings against him, the 45th president told The Washington Examiner on Thursday (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-absolutely-looking-at-breaking-up-9th-circuit-court-of-appeals/article/2621379) that he has “absolutely” considered proposals to break up the San Francisco-based 9th Circuit.

The president’s comments come after yet another ruling by the San Francisco based 9th Circuit Court against that blocked his order to restrict funding for cities and jurisdictions that refuse to comply with federal programs on immigration enforcement.
The same court also infamously shot down a previous executive order by the president to ban travel from immigrants seeking to enter the U.S. from countries deemed to be hot spots for terror.

“There are many people that want to break up the 9th Circuit. It’s outrageous,” said Trump, who has accused liberal foes of “judge shopping” by filing suit in courts they knew would rule against him.

“Out of our very big country, with many choices, does everyone notice that both the “ban” case and now the “sanctuary” case is brought in the Ninth Circuit, which has a terrible record of being overturned (close to 80%). They used to call this “judge shopping!” Messy system,” the president tweeted on Wednesday.

“I mean, the language on the ban, it reads so easy that a reasonably good student in the first grade will fully understand it. And they don’t even mention the words in their rejection on the ban,” he told the Examiner.

If the president does decide to move forward with plans to break up the court, it appears that he will have a wealth of Republican support. Earlier this year, Sen Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) encouraged Trump to do what it takes to dismantle the 9th Circuit, which is regarded as one of the most liberal court districts in the country.

Meanwhile, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced this week that he is seeking moving forward with plans to develope legislation to punish sheriffs who operate sanctuary cities with fines and jail time.

Calling out Sheriff Sally Hernandez of Travis County, Texas by name last month, Abbott said he and Texas lawmakers intend to hit mayors of sanctuary cities where it hurts.

“She has knowingly released from jail in Travis County people who have been either convicted of or accused of serious felonies such as sexual assault,” he told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson. “(Those charged with) sexual assault of a minor, she’s put right back out on the streets. This is a dangerous practice that Texas is gonna hammer down. We will not tolerate this, and so we have taken action we’re gonna take even stiffer action to ban sanctuary cities in Texas.”

ANGRYTRUMP