TRUMP: Democrat Run Cities ‘Weak’ and ‘Soft on Crime’
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Tuesday said a much tougher approach must be taken on Democrat run cities that he said were “weak” and “soft on crime.”
“Take a look at the cities,” Trump said on Fox News’ “Fox and Friends” while discussing the case of two Los Angeles deputies who where shot in a ambush style attack while sitting inside their patrol cars.
“The top 10 are Democrat-run, the top 25 are I think almost all Democrat-run, and their policies are horrible,” the president said. “They’ve taken respect away from police officers. They’ve degraded them. They’ve fired them.”
In New York City, many police have been fired, and “crime is through the roof,” he said.”They make it so if you speak up, you end up losing your pension, you end up losing your job.”
Trump pointed out that even police organizations in ultra liberal cities such as Los Angeles and Chicago have endorsed him despite their cities’ Democratic leadership.
“I can’t imagine anybody endorsing (Joe) Biden with his views,” said Trump. “I mean his views are death. He doesn’t have any views.”
BLOOD BATH: 50 Shot, Ten Killed In Chicago Over Weekend Despite Some of Nation’s Strictest Gun Laws
CHICAGO — 50 people were shot and 10 in Chicago over the weekend, despite some of the strictest gun laws in America.
Two of the victims shot were police officers who were shot during a routine traffic stop. According to ABC 7 Chicago, the officers were conducting a traffic stop when they saw a gun in the backseat of the suspect’s vehicle. Officers ordered the suspect to get out of the car, but he reportedly refused to comply. The officers then broke the car window in an effort to arrest the suspect, a struggle ensued and the suspect fired multiple shots, hitting both officers.
Both officers are in stable condition, with one officer having been shot in the chest, side and back. The other officer was shot in the shoulder and chest.
In a Sunday tweet, Chicago Democratic Mayor Lori Lightfoot confirmed the suspect was later taken into custody.
Four other victims were shot and killed on Sunday, including 31-year-old Devon Welsh who police say was eating at Lumes Pancake House when a drive-by shooting occurred. According to the Chicago Sun Times, Welsh was struck multiple times after an SUV pulled up and began firing.
The Times also reports that four other victims were killed Friday night, including an 18-year-old who was shot and killed as he was walking down the street.
The ongoing violence is just the latest in tragedies that have for years gripped the city.
In 2017, then White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said more gun laws aren’t the answer.
“I think one of the things we don’t want to do is try to create laws that won’t stop these types of things from happening,” Sanders said. “I think if you look to Chicago where you had over 4,000 victims of gun-related crimes last year they have the strictest gun laws in the country. That certainly hasn’t helped there.”
TRUMP ON BANNON ARREST: ‘Sad’ But ‘Nothing To Do With Me’
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Thursday reacted to the arrest of Steve Bannon, who once served as one of the president’s closest advisors.
“I haven’t been dealing with him for a long period of time as most of the people in the room know,” Trump told reporters. “He was involved in our campaign. He worked for a lot of companies, but he was involved likewise in our campaign and for a small part of the administration, very early on. I haven’t been dealing with him at all.”
Bannon and three other individuals, Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato, and Timothy Shaw, were arrested early Thursday on charges that they had “orchestrated a scheme to defraud hundreds of thousands of dollars” in connection with the “We Build The Wall” online fundraising campaign.
Authorities allege the foursome used hundreds of thousands of dollars from a crowdfunding campaign that raised more than $25 million to build a wall along the U.S. southern border for their own purposes.
“I know nothing about the project other than I didn’t like when I read about it, I didn’t like it,” Trump said. “I said this is for government, this isn’t for private people. It sounded to me like showboating. I think I let my opinion be very strongly stated at the time I didn’t like it. It was showboating and maybe looking for funds…I don’t know that he was in charge. I don’t know any of the other people either.”
“I don’t think that should be a privately financed wall,” the president added. “It’s too complex and too big.
When asked by reporters about others from his 2016 presidential campaign who have since been arrested and convicted, including former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, campaign manager Paul Manafort, attorney Michael Cohen and confidant Roger Stone, Trump lashed back.
“They spied on our campaign illegally and if you look at all of the things and all of the scandals they had, they had tremendous lawlessness.”
REPORT: Maxwell Believes Epstein Was Murdered; Fears She’s Next
NEW YORK — Ghislaine Maxwell believes her associate Jeffrey Epstein was murdered while in police custody and fears she’s next, a friend of the alleged child sex trafficker told The Sun.
A friend of Maxwell’s family told The Sun On Sunday that Maxwell, 58, fears she will be killed inside the New York jail which Maxwell reportedly describe as a “hell hole”.
“Everyone’s view including Ghislaine’s is Epstein was murdered. She received death threats before she was arrested,” said the source.
The revelations come just one week after Maxwell was denied bail on multiple counts of enticement of minors and sex trafficking of children. U.S. District Judge Alison J. Nathan deemed the wealthy socialite a flight risk after prosecutors argued that she has thus far refused to cooperate with law enforcement.
The British socialite remained silent as the judge’s ruling was announced.
Maxwell’s trial is tentatively scheduled for July, 2021. If convicted, she could face up to 35 years in prison.
PEDOGATE: Ghislaine Maxwell Will Not Name Names, Says Bloom
NEW YORK — Ghislaine Maxwell is unlikely to cooperate with authorities by naming other high profile members of Jeffrey Epstein’s pedophile ring, says victims’ rights lawyer, Lisa Bloom. Instead, Maxwell will likely move to have the case against her dismissed.
“Ninety-five percent of cases end in plea bargains, so that would not surprise me, but I don’t think at this stage, prosecutors would give her a deal if it did not include very serious prison time, and I don’t think she would accept that at this point,” said Bloom.
“I know a lot of people think Ghislaine Maxwell is going to ‘sing like a canary’, and talk about other powerful people, and that that’s why she was arrested, Bloom added. “I don’t agree with that, I think she was the primary target, she was arrested for her own actions, she may have information about others but I don’t think that would give her much lighter a deal.”
Legal analysts say that means there’s no real incentive for Bloom to cooperate with prosecutors to expose the names of other powerful members of Epstein’s pedophile ring. That, they say leaves many other children at high risk for molestation.
As previously reported, Maxwell is said to be in possession of a secret stash of sex tapes that would expose many of Epstein’s acquaintances.
The now deceased billionaire pedophile was known to have his mansions filled with hidden surveillance cameras as a means of collecting blackmail material for use on his guests.
“The secret stash of sex tapes I believe Ghislaine has squirreled away could end up being her get-out-of-jail card if the authorities are willing to trade,” one of Maxwell’s former friends told The Daily Mail. “She has copies of everything Epstein had. They could implicate some twisted movers and shakers.”
Maxwell faced her first court appearance on four counts of sex trafficking and two counts of perjury this week. She was denied bail. Her trial is scheduled for July, 2021.
REPORT: Epstein Associate Will Use Sex Tapes to Avoid Jail
NEW YORK — A confidante of Jeffrey Epstein will utilize sex tapes made by the deceased billionaire to avoid prison, a former friend of Ghislaine Maxwell is claiming.
Maxwell, 58, was arrested last week on six federal charges including incitement of minors, child sex trafficking and perjury.
Maxwell’s former friend, who spoke to The Daily Mail on the condition of anonymity, said Maxwell is hoping the salacious tapes will prove to be her “get out of jail free card.”
“The secret stash of sex tapes I believe Ghislaine has squirreled away could end up being her get out of jail card if the authorities are willing to trade,” she told the Mail. “She has copies of everything Epstein had. They could implicate some twisted movers and shakers. If Ghislaine goes down, she’s going to take the whole damn lot of them with her.”
“Ghislaine has always been as cunning as they come,” she said. “She wasn’t going to be with Epstein all those years and not have some insurance.”
“Not only did Epstein like to capture himself with underage girls on camera – he wanted to make sure he had something to hold over the rich and powerful men who took advantage of his sick largesse,” she claims. “I’ll bet anything that once it comes out that Ghislaine has those tapes these men will be quaking in their Italian leather boots. Ghislaine made sure that she socked away thumb drives of it all. She knows where all the bodies are buried and she’ll use whatever she had to save her own ass.”
Maxwell is currently being held without bail in a New York City jail. She is due in court on the charges this Friday.
WHERE IS KYRON? 10 Years Later Step Mother Remains Main Focus of Missing Oregon Boy’s Disappearance
PORTLAND — Ten years after a Portland, Oregon boy disappeared from his elementary school, police officials say they are no closer to determining what happened to 7-year-old Kyron Horman.
The boy’s step-mother, Terri Horman- Vazquez, claims she last saw the boy at Skyline Elementary School after helping him set up a science fair exhibit before school. She has since remained a central focus in the missing boy’s disappearance.
Horman-Vasquez told police she left Kyron at the school after watching him walk toward his classroom, assuming she would pick him up at the bus stop later that day. However, when she and the boy’s father Kaine Horman went to the bus stop to pick Kyron up, Horman-Vasquez said they were told that Kyron never got on the bus. When the pair went to the school to retrieve the boy, it was revealed that Kyron had been marked absent that day. However, according to the boy’s teacher, Horman Vasquez had told her a few days prior to the boy’s disappearance that Kyron had a doctor’s appointment that day and would not be attending.
After denying anything to do with the boy’s disappearance, police officials were informed that Horman-Vazquez had attempted to hire a hit man to kill the boy’s father in the weeks leading up to the child going missing. Although no charges were filed in that matter, upon being notified of the attempt by police Kaine Horman moved out of the home he shared with his wife and successfully won custody of the pair’s young daughter.
Horman-Vasquez later took and reportedly failed two lie detector tests arranged by police relating to the boy’s disappearance and allegedly walked out of a third, claiming the failed tests were the result of a “hearing problem.”
“I went through the polygraph. They ask you if you can hear them; they do everything but roll out a red carpet so that you’re comfortable,” the boy’s biological mother, Desiree Young said of Terri’s claims. “She heard just fine. So I don’t believe it at all.”
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office released a video Thursday discussing the ongoing search for Kyron.
“As parents, we can’t imagine the pain and struggle Kyron’s family has experienced and continues to experience without him,” District Attorney Rod Underhill said.
Terri Horman-Vasquez has since left Oregon to start a “new life” in California and has recently remarried. She has yet to be charged in the boy’s disappearance, but police say the investigation into Kyron’s case is still active.
Anyone who knows of Kyron Horman’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office tip line at (503) 988-0560 or the FBI at (503) 224-4181.
‘JUSTICE FOR FLOYD’: Tensions mount after unarmed black man dies in encounter with police
MINNEAPOLIS — Hundreds of protesters took to the streets of Minneapolis Tuesday evening to express their outrage after 46 year old George Floyd died after what witnesses described as a deadly encounter with police.
The unarmed Floyd was arrested Monday evening after officers responded to a call regarding an alleged forgery in progress. Cell phone video captured by bystanders shows Floyd being handcuffed and pinned to the ground as one police officer presses his knee against his neck. Several times Floyd could be heard pleading with officers that he was in pain and couldn’t breathe. Shortly after, Floyd, who had appeared to stop breathing, was taken to a nearby hospital and declared dead.
According to Minneapolis police, the encounter between Floyd and police occurred just after 8 p.m. Monday, when officers were called to the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue South after store officials claimed Floyd had attempted to use forged documents at Cup Foods.
A police spokesperson said officers located Floyd sitting in a parked vehicle and that he appeared intoxicated as officers ordered him to exit the vehicle.
“After he got out, he physically resisted officers,” police spokesman John Elder told reporters early Tuesday. “Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and officers noticed that the man was going into medical distress.”
But a video posted to Facebook by witness by Darnella Frazier appears to contradict some of the officer’s claims that Floyd had resisted arrest. During the 9 minute clip Floyd repeatedly groans and says he can’t breathe while being held face down on the pavement.
“He’s not even resisting arrest right now, bro,” one bystander tells the officer and his partner, in the video. “You’re f—ing stopping his breathing right now, you think that’s cool?”
The four officers involved have been fired as a result of the footage.
“It is the right decision for our city, the right decision for our community. It is the right decision for the Minneapolis Police Department,” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said at a news conference with Police Chief Medaria Arradondo. “We’ve stated our values, and ultimately we need to live by them.”
RECOVERING: Kentucky Senator Rand Paul undergoes surgery stemming from 2017 assault
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — Senator Rand Paul is recovering at his Kentucky home following lung surgery over the weekend.
Paul, 56, underwent the procedure after complaining of shortness of breath. Physicians at Nashville’s Vanderbilt University Medical Center say a damaged portion of Paul’s lung was removed and that the injury was sustained when a neighbor attacked him outside his Kentucky home in 2017.
“Sen. Paul will need to recover from his surgery for a few weeks, which will limit his travel and events,” Paul’s spokeswoman, Kelsey Cooper, said in a statement. “He will continue to work on diplomacy, legislative and constituent issues during that time.”
“Unfortunately, I will have to limit my August activities. Part of my lung damaged by the 2017 assault had to be removed by surgery this weekend,” he wrote on Twitter. “The doctors, nurses, & staff at Vanderbilt University Medical Center were great. I should be able to return to the Senate in September.”
Rene Boucher, who admitted to attacking Paul in 2017 in a dispute over lawn maintenance, plead guilty to assaulting a member of Congress. Paul sued Boucher and a jury awarded Paul more than $580,000 in damages and medical expenses.
Calls for comment to Boucher’s attorneys were not immediately returned.