‘FAKE NEWS’: Trump says mainstream media ‘never so dishonest’

WASHINGTON– President Donald Trump on Wednesday came out swinging against the mainstream media, which he claimed had “never” been so dishonest.

In a barrage of Tweets cheering on Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann for filing a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against The Washington Post, the president slammed the publication and called his other nemesis, The New York Times, “a true enemy of the people.”

“The Washington Post ignored basic journalistic standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump.” Covington student suing WAPO. Go get them Nick. Fake News!” the president wrote in the first tweet, quoting a political pundit’s analysis of the case.

“The New York Times reporting is false. They are a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!” Trump added in response to a Times report that Trump had orchestrated an effort to place a top ally in charge of an investigation into his former attorney, Michael Cohen.

“The Press has never been more dishonest than it is today,” the president continued. “Stories are written that have absolutely no basis in fact. The writers don’t even call asking for verification. They are totally out of control. Sadly, I kept many of them in business. In six years, they all go BUST!”

The president’s tweets are just the latest in his ongoing attacks upon the mainstream media, which he often refers to as “fake news.”

Last month, he accused various media organizations of becoming “crazed lunatics who have given up on the TRUTH.”

trumpfakenews

‘APOLOGIZE OR ELSE’: Attorney for MAGA teens gives critics 48 hours to take back ‘false statements’ or face legal action

COVINGTON, KY — An attorney representing some Northern Kentucky students at the center of last week’s controversy at the Lincoln Memorial says anyone who has posted derogatory comments about the students involved have 48 hours to retract their statements or face legal action.

The students, young men who attend an all boy’s Catholic school, quickly came under fire on social media last Friday after an edited video suggested they had confronted and harassed Native American activist Nathan Phillips.

The boys, many of whom were wearing “Make America Great Again” hats, were targeted for harassment and received multiple threats of violence online.

“Everybody now is on 48-hour notice so by Friday, everybody needs to retract and correct any false statements they have issued about these kids,” attorney Robert Barnes, who is representing the boys, their families and the school, Covington Catholic, for free told Fox News’ “Fox and Friends.”

The ultimatum includes “any major member of the media,” Barnes said. “That includes anybody with a substantial social media platform. If you have said anything false about these kids, they are willing to extend to you a 48-hour time period of grace, consistent with their Christian faith, for you through confessions to get redemption and retract and correct and apologize.”

Barnes went on to say that anyone who has posted “false statements” about the boys or the school could face lawsuits for libel as most of the boys are minors and in that instance, malice does not need to be proven.

magaboys