CONNECTICUT — A Connecticut jury has rendered a judgement against Alex Jones in the amount of $965 million over his claims the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax.
Jurors deliberated for three days after a five week trial. Multiple family members from the Sandy Hook shooting, as well as an FBI agent who responded to the 2012 event, sued Jones over his claims that the shooting was a false flag staged by the federal government in order to justify stricter gun control laws.
It was the second such trial to be held within the last three months, with a Texas jury finding Jones liable for more than $45 million in damages to a pair of Sandy Hook parents last August.
During his own testimony last month, Jones remained unapologetic for his actions.
“I think this is a deep-state situation,” Jones said of the trial while on the stand.
When confronted with allegations that several of the Sandy Hook families had been harassed as a result of Jones’ claims, Jones, who has since recanted his claims, refused to apologize.
“Is this a struggle session. Are we in China?” Jones asked Chris Mattei, who is representing the Sandy Hook families. “I’m done saying I’m sorry.”
Jones will face yet another civil jury in Texas for his final Sandy Hook defamation case at a date that has yet to be determined.
WASHINGTON (New York Post) — A cancer charity started by Joe Biden gave out no money to research, and spent most of its contributions on staff salaries, federal filings show.
The Biden Cancer Initiative was founded in 2017 by the former vice president and his wife, Jill Biden, to “develop and drive implementation of solutions to accelerate progress in cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, research and care and to reduce disparities in cancer outcomes,” according to its IRS mission statement. But it gave out no grants in its first two years, and spent millions on the salaries of former Washington, DC, aides it hired.
The charity took in $4,809,619 in contributions in fiscal years 2017 and 2018, and spent $3,070,301 on payroll in those two years. The group’s president, Gregory Simon, raked in $429,850 in fiscal 2018 (July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019), according to the charity’s most recent federal tax filings.
Simon, a former Pfizer executive and longtime health care lobbyist who headed up the White House’s cancer task force in President Barack Obama’s administration, saw his salary nearly double from the $224,539 he made in fiscal 2017, tax filings show.
Danielle Carnival, former chief of staff for Obama’s cancer initiative, the Cancer Moonshot Task Force, took home $258,207 in 2018.
The charity spent $56,738 on conferences and $59,356 on travel that year. The following year, the travel expenditure swelled to $97,149, and the nonprofit spent $742,953 on conferences, tax filings show.
But under grants distributed, it listed zero.
Simon had said the main point of the charity was not to give out grants, and that its goal was to find ways to accelerate treatment for all, regardless of their economic or cultural backgrounds.
Biden headed up the Cancer Moonshot Task Force when he was veep after his son Beau died of a brain tumor in 2015. After he left office, the Biden Cancer Initiative sought to continue such efforts to provide “urgent” solutions to treating cancer, according to a 2017 press statement announcing its launch.
The Bidens stacked the board with leading oncologists and celebrity cancer survivors, including musician Jimmy Gomez from the Black Eyed Peas.
After only two years, the charity “paused” its operations when Joe Biden and his wife stepped down for his presidential run.
Although the organization is still officially active, according to the IRS, Simon said in a 2019 interview that without the Bidens at the helm, the charity lost its edge.
“We tried to power through but it became increasingly difficult to get the traction we needed to complete our mission,” he told the AP in July 2019.
Neither Simon nor Biden could be reached for comment.
The New York Post’s Isabel Vincent contributed to the contents of this report.
WASHINGTON– According to a new cost analysis by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), providing for the needs of illegal aliens who entered the country under President Biden adds an additional $20.4 billion annual burden on American taxpayers. This figure is in addition to the well over $140 billion a year cost burden taxpayers are already bearing to provide benefits and services for the longer-term illegal alien population.
The Biden administration has willingly released approximately 1.3 million illegal aliens into the country’s interior after removals and Title 42 expulsions are accounted for. Add to this figure approximately 1 million “gotaways” according to FAIR’s sources within U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and it can be safely estimated that approximately 2.3 million illegal aliens successfully entered the country’s interior after President Biden took office.
Based on the most recent comprehensive cost study, FAIR conservatively estimates that each illegal alien costs American taxpayers $9,232 per year.
“Even in an age in which trillion dollar spending packages are considered modest, the additional $20.4 billion the Biden Border Crisis has heaped onto the backs of American taxpayers is still staggering,” noted Dan Stein, president of FAIR. “$20.4 billion could address some very important needs of the American public, instead of covering the costs of the surge of illegal migration triggered by this administration’s policies.”
The $20.4 billion that taxpayers will spend this year, on just the illegal aliens who have entered the country in the last year and half, could cover the cost of:
- Providing every homeless veteran in America $50,000 per year for a decade. This would effectively end veteran homelessness.
- Giving every family in America earning $50k or less a grocery voucher of roughly $410.
- Providing Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits to more than 7 million additional needy families.
- Funding and expanding the entire National School Lunch Program.
- Hiring more than 315,000 police officers to combat rising crime across the country.
- Hiring of 330,000 new teachers, which would easily end the long-standing teacher shortage in America.
- Construction of nearly the entire Southern Border Wall (which could prevent millions more illegal aliens from entering).
“According to another new report, 35 percent of U.S. families with a full-time worker struggle to meet their basic needs. These are the people President Biden pledged to champion. Instead, he is choosing to divert an additional $20.4 billion away from their needs, in order to fund a radical open borders agenda with no end in sight,” concluded Stein.
WASHINGTON (Breitbart)– President Donald Trump argued Monday that he should be declared the winner of the 2020 election, citing fraud and election interference by the FBI.
The former president pointed to reports that the FBI worked to bury the story about Hunter Biden’s laptop on social media right before the 2020 election.
“This is massive FRAUD & ELECTION INTERFERENCE at a level never seen before in our Country,” Trump wrote on social media.
Trump said the FBI purposefully tried to stop him from winning the 2020 election.
He proposed two solutions.
“REMEDY: Declare the rightful winner or, and this would be the minimal solution, declare the 2020 Election irreparably compromised and have a new Election, immediately!” Trump wrote.
It is unclear how a presidential election would be declared fraudulent and redone through the court system, and unclear whether it is even permissible by the Constitution.
Facebook’s founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed in an interview with podcaster Joe Rogan that the FBI warned his company of an imminent “dump” of “Russian propaganda” putting them on “high alert” right before the Hunter Biden laptop story broke in the days before the 2020 election.
The FBI did not deny Zuckerberg’s story.
Facebook censored the story as disinformation right before the 2020 election although it ultimately proved to be factual.
“Yeah. I mean, it sucks. I mean, it turned out after the fact, I mean the fact-checkers looked into it, no one was able to say it was false, right?” Zuckerberg admitted to Rogan. “So basically it had this period where it was getting less distribution.”
Breitbart’s Charlie Spiering contributed to the contents of this report.