SHE’S OUT! Pelosi to Step Down as Speaker of the House

WASHINGTON —Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she will step down as Speaker of the House after Democrats lost control of the House to Republicans in the midterm elections.

Pelosi announced her decision Thursday during a speech on the House floor.

“Now we must move boldly into the future,” the California Democrat said. “The hour has come for a new generation.”

Pelosi’s resignation comes amid revelations that Marjorie Taylor Greene has secured a promise from House leadership to investigate Nancy Pelosi and the Department of Justice regarding the treatment of Jan. 6 defendants, according to a report from the The New York Times.

“For me the hour has come for a new generation to lead the Democratic caucus that I so deeply respect,” Pelosi said Thursday. “And I am grateful that so many are ready and willing to shoulder this awesome responsibility.”

Pelosi has led the House Democrats since 2003, marking the longest leadership run in either party since the tenure of Sam Rayburn, a Texas Democrat, who died in office in 1961. At 82, Pelosi has been a member of Congress for 35 years.

“I have enjoyed working with three presidents, achieving historic investments in clean energy with President George Bush; transformative health care reform with President Barack Obama, and forging the future — from infrastructure to health care to climate action — with President Joe Biden,” Pelosi stated.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., who is eyeing the speaker’s job after his party captured the majority, did not attend Pelosi’s resignation speech.

‘Mr. President, Please Don’t Run Again’: Establishment Republicans React to Trump’s Pending Campaign Announcement

WASHINGTON– A growing number of establishment Republicans are warning former president Donald Trump not to run again for president and that if he does, he will not be the GOP nominee.

Responding to disappointing midterm results former Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) and former Vice President Mike Pence have each said they would not support Trump should he run again in 2024.

“Some people like Trump and some people don’t like Trump,” said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.). “He’s the most dominant single figure in the party. That’s a fact.”

One of the most outspoken against Trump’s impending formal declaration is Trump’s former Vice President Mike Pence.

“Well, there might be somebody else I’d prefer more,” Pence said last week when asked if he would vote for Trump if he was on the ballot in 2024.

Paul Ryan, who retired from the House in 2019 after multiple high profile disagreements with Trump, says a Trump 2024 run could cost Republicans the White House if he’s on the ballot.

“I think Trump’s unelectability will be palpable by then,” Ryan said. “We all know he will lose. Or let me put it this way: We all know he’s much more likely to lose the White House than anybody else running for president on our side of the aisle. So why would we want to go with that?”

Bush, who unsuccessfully ran against Trump for the GOP nomination in 2016, says he believes its time for “new blood.”

“I believe there will be a yearning for, A, a new generation of leadership in our country in 2024 and, B, candidates that are focused on the future, not necessarily the grievances of the past,” Bush told CNN.

Joe O’Dea, the GOP Senate candidate in Colorado who has seemingly found favor with red voters in a very blue state by distancing himself from Trump also says Trump should not be on the 2024 ballot.

“I don’t think Donald Trump should run again,” O’Dea said on CNN. “I’m going to actively campaign against Donald Trump and make sure that we have got four or five really great Republicans right now. Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, they could run and serve for eight years.”

THE WAR IS ON: Trump Demands ‘Average’ DeSantis Bail Out of ’24 Presidential Run

WASHINGTON– Former President Donald Trump had launched a full on war against one time political ally turned rival, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

In a slew of attacks issued from his Save America PAC Trump labeled DeSantis as an “average REPUBLICAN Governor with great Public Relations.”

“Ron DeSanctimonious is playing games! The Fake News asks him if he’s going to run if President Trump runs, and he says, ‘I’m only focused on the Governor’s race, I’m not looking into the future,’” Trump raged. “Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that’s really not the right answer.”

Trump’s newest criticisms toward DeSantis come days after a less than victorious midterm for Republicans where pundits had predicted an easy landslide.

“Governor Ron DeSanctimonious,” the former president said, “an average REPUBLICAN Governor with great Public Relations, who didn’t have to close up his State, but did, unlike other Republican Governors, whose overall numbers for a Republican, were just average—middle of the pack—including COVID, and who has the advantage of SUNSHINE, where people from badly run States up North would go no matter who the Governor was, just like I did!”

Trump went on to claim DeSantis “came to me in desperate shape in 2017—he was politically dead, losing in a landslide.”

“Ron had low approval, bad polls, and no money, but he said that if I would Endorse him, he could win … I said, ‘Let’s give it a shot, Ron,’” Trump said. “When I Endorsed him, it was as though, to use a bad term, a nuclear weapon went off.”

DeSantis, who easily won re-election by nearly 20 percentage points Tuesday night over Democrat Charlie Crist, has issued no public response to Trump’s verbal assaults.

BREAKING: Alex Jones Hit With Additional $473M Sandy Hook Judgement

HARTFORD, Conn. — Radio show personality Alex Jones has been ordered to pay an additional $473 million in punitive damages for stating on air his beliefs that the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting was a government orchestrated hoax.

The ruling came down Thursday by Connecticut Judge Barabara Bellis who ordered Jones to pay the sum in addition to a nearly $1 billion jury verdict issued last month.

The Infowars host was sued by an FBI agent and Sandy Hook victims’ families over his claims that the mass shooting, in which 20 first graders and six personnel were killed, was staged by “crisis actors” to justify stricter gun control laws.

In October six jurors ordered Jones to pay $965 million to the 15 plaintiffs for defamation, infliction of emotional distress and violations of Connecticut’s Unfair Trade Practices Act, which bans deceptive business practices and unfair competition.

Jones has since doubled down on his claims that the case against him was a “witch hunt” and that the suit violated his Constitutional right to free speech.

Jones’ company, Free Speech Systems, which is also named in the suit, is seeking bankruptcy protection.

Alex Jones Hit With $965 Million Judgement Over Sandy Hook Claims

CONNECTICUT — A Connecticut jury has rendered a judgement against Alex Jones in the amount of $965 million over his claims the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax.

Jurors deliberated for three days after a five week trial. Multiple family members from the Sandy Hook shooting, as well as an FBI agent who responded to the 2012 event, sued Jones over his claims that the shooting was a false flag staged by the federal government in order to justify stricter gun control laws.

It was the second such trial to be held within the last three months, with a Texas jury finding Jones liable for more than $45 million in damages to a pair of Sandy Hook parents last August.

During his own testimony last month, Jones remained unapologetic for his actions.

“I think this is a deep-state situation,” Jones said of the trial while on the stand.

When confronted with allegations that several of the Sandy Hook families had been harassed as a result of Jones’ claims, Jones, who has since recanted his claims, refused to apologize.

“Is this a struggle session. Are we in China?” Jones asked Chris Mattei, who is representing the Sandy Hook families. “I’m done saying I’m sorry.”

Jones will face yet another civil jury in Texas for his final Sandy Hook defamation case at a date that has yet to be determined.