Santa Fe, Tx — The suspect police say opened fire inside a Texas high school on Friday has been identified as 17 year old Dimitrios Pagourtzis.
Authorities say Pagourtzis is responsible for the deaths of at least 10 victims – nine students and one teacher.
According to information obtained about Pagourtzis thus far, here’s what we know :
– He was wearing “trenchcoat and big boots,” according to a student who said he saw the shooter. Police have not confirmed what he was wearing.
– He is in the 11th grade at Santa Fe High School.
– He threw pipe bombs into some classrooms, witnesses say. Devices were also found in and around the school.
– The weapon Pagourtzis used was a shotgun, according to eyewitnesses.
– Law enforcement says a pressure cooker with an explosive device was found at the scene.
– A Facebook page under the same name as Pagourtzis, has been taken down.
– A witness said students and coaches at the school would bully Pagourtzis and “call him names.”
Pagourtzis has been taken into police custody and a second suspect, who has not yet been identified, has been detained for questioning. Both suspects were students at the school.
A parent who arrived at the school shortly after news of the shooting broke told reporters that the entire Santa Fe community is in shock.
“If it can happen in Santa Fe, Texas, it can happen anywhere,” the parent said. “I mean, it’s just unbelievable.”